1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Late Games Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by ScipioCowboy, Dec 23, 2012.

1. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,180 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Giants, gotta love them. UNBELEIVABLE! That's a very likely scenario.
  2. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

676 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    I don't understand why the Cowboys winning next week would eliminate the Giants from wildcard contention.

Can anyone explain?
  3. CooterBrown

CooterBrown Well-Known Member

1,614 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Wow. Two weeks ago the Giants had a one game lead in the East with three games to go. Then they lost the next two by a combined 67-14 and now can only get into playoffs if three teams lose all lose next week.

If the Cowboys had choked like that it would be headline news all over the nation's sports pages and networks.

The Cowboys lost to a very good Saints team but at least they fought till the end. The Giants didn't even show up. They looked like Wade Phillips' Cowboys.

Giant fans have had reason to celebrate their recent SuperBowl success, but it must suck to be one of their fans right now.:lmao2:

So, is this the end of the road for Coughlin?
  4. rbr651

rbr651 Active Member

646 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    It's crazy I went tot he Giants board and all you had to do was switch players names and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between this board and theirs.
  5. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,646 Messages
    703 Likes Received
    They would finish 3rd in the division due to losing the tiebreakers to both us and Wash if all finish 9-7. Thus with us winning the division and only two wild card spots the Giants would be below various teams: Seahawks, Skins, probably Vikings and Bears.
  6. CooterBrown

1,614 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Because the Skins own tie-breakers over the Giants, if they both finish 9-7, the Giants are out. They need the Skins to win the East. If the Cowboys beat the Skins, the Giants are eliminated.
  7. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.....those could all happen: probly wont: but could
  8. CooterBrown

1,614 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Anything is possible. But if they play the way they did tonight, Philly will eliminate the Giants regardless of what anybody else does.
  9. DejectedFan1996

676 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    Even though they would have a tie at 9-7 with the Vikes and Bears?

If the Giants win next week they are 9-7 along with the Bears if they lose next week. But from what was stated, if the Cowboys win, somehow that eliminates the Giants from the wildcard race even though they can have the same record as the Bears and Vikings. This is what I dont understand.
  10. DejectedFan1996

676 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    I figured it out. Because that would mean the Redksins claim the last Wild Card spot over the Giants.