1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Latest PFW Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Staxxxx, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Staxxxx

Staxxxx Member

286 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    So the latest PFW mock has Couples, Ingram, and DeCastro on the board when we pick and Konz falling to the second. Of course they have us taking Mark Barron at 14 which I don't think is too realistic at this point but that aside I would be ecstatic if those were our options at 14.

Here's the mock
  2. Staxxxx

Staxxxx Member

286 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    After a second look at the mock I just realized they have Brockers falling out of the first as well.
  3. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    They have Cordy Glenn going before DeCastro. I just can't see that happening.
  4. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,530 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    I would rank them
    Coples
    Ingram
    DeCastro

DeCastro has the highest grade and is BPA but Coples is the next highest and pass rusher is a higher rated position than OG.

I can see Brockers and Konz falling to the 2nd but not to 45.
    In this mock I would take

Coples
    and hope Zeitler actually falls to the 2nd. This mock has my two favs in the 2nd round Reyes and Zeitler going in the 1st. If Zeitler is going late first I would rather try and trade up and get Zeitler bottom of the 2nd besides hoping Konz fall to 45.
  5. Staxxxx

Staxxxx Member

286 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I tend to agree with you on this one but I know a several draft sites have Glenn rated as the 3rd or 4th best OT in this draft as well and I don't think it's unrealistic to have the 3rd tackle coming off the board before the 1st guard.
  6. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,496 Likes Received
    If it falls like that I trade down to 18-20 and select Ingram, Whitney or Brockers.

I'd likely get Ben Jones in r2.
    With the extra pick from moving down (late 2 early 3) I'd look WR maybe Alshon Jeffery or one of the ARK boys.
    CB or S would be my target in r3: Dwight Bentley, Coryell Judie or Harrison Smith perhaps.

Hard to put much faith in PFW nowadays tho:(
  7. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Actually for me it's the just opposite, I love their rankings, they go against the grain but that's because they are not bottle necking every other public opinion out there.

To boot, Jonah Rosenblum is a up and coming name among the NFL Circles. Don't be surprised at all if he's in a NFL FO next year.
  8. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,530 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    In this mock I would like to do a trade back and draft Coples,Ingram, mercilus, or DeCastro and then take the extra added pick and package it and trade back up into the early 2nd or late first and get Zeitelr, Reyes, or Konz.
  9. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Four guards going in the first round?

:rolleyes:
  10. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,496 Likes Received
    This mock is by Nolan.
    And last year's version 3 (late March) wasn't really close at all.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/03/25/2011-mock-draft-30

They had Tyron Smith dropping to the mid or late 20s and being like the 5th OT selected.
    Had us taking DeQuan Bowers.

FWIW, they did MUCH better by version 5 and did finally have the guys around where they need to be.
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/04/15/2011-mock-draft-50

But this version for them is at the same point as version 3 last year and that thing was atrocious.
  11. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

I have no idea who did the mock, that's why I mentioned the rankings. I'm sure glad they went to a most free site cause I hated their publications. They were so out dated by the time you got them.