1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by MonsterD, Apr 4, 2014.

1. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,651 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/laurent-duvernay-tardif?id=2543816

Anyone know much about this guy? Says potential 3rd or 4th round pick, I think he would be more realistically a 5th or 6th rounder.
  2. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,693 Messages
    4,965 Likes Received
    I do not think anyone can afford to consider him too early. Tackles in Canada have a distinct advantage in terms of pass blocking in that the DL have to line up a yard off the ball. He will need work, that is for sure. So far, he has had a lot of team interest. Arizona, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Green Bay, Miami, Jets, Oakland, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Seattle have all worked him out or sent OL coaches to his Pro Day.
  3. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,651 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    Found info on him saying he was in his third year of med school and because of his chosen education he only practiced football twice a week. Also he was down to 298lbs, I think he is pretty much being considered at guard.
  4. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,693 Messages
    4,965 Likes Received
    Kind of makes you wonder how important football is to him if he's in med school.
  5. Leadbelly

Leadbelly Well-Known Member

706 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    Pro Day results -- which Dallas apparently did not attend -- were 40 in 4.94 and 5.08 seconds, 31 1/2-inch vertical, 9-6 broad jump, three-cone drill in 7.30 seconds and had 33 bench-press reps.

He played some in the East West Shrine game as one of the two players from Canadian schools. He held his own from what I saw. Lower body strength needs work but good feet and lateral agility. Wasn't on the ground much at all. Gets off the snap and sets up quickly.

He's #66 at RT in red helmet starting around the 2:40 until around 6:00.