1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Lawrence: "My expectation is to go out and get 10 sacks"

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DoctorChicken, Jul 24, 2014.

1. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

40,542 Messages
    5,174 Likes Received
    He won't get around Smith that easily. If he gets around Weems or Parnell easily then we may have something.
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

80,175 Messages
    4,860 Likes Received
    I agree. couple of days ago this teams personailty sucked there was no swagger and yet as soon as a player says something he is told to shut up. lol The kids expectation are his not fans or media or anyone else it is what he expects for himself. Are the goals high? Yes for a rookie hell even many vets that is high expectations but then if you plan on setting goals why make your goals small?
    5Stars and adbutcher like this.
  3. Doomsday101

80,175 Messages
    4,860 Likes Received
    I seem to recall a rookie RB who set some very high goals 1. Lead NFL in rushing 2. NFL Rookie of the Year 3. Hall of Fame and 4. NFL’s all-time leading rusher. When his career was over he accomplished each one of those lofty goals
    Jstopper, PA Cowboy Fan and adbutcher like this.
  4. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

21,200 Messages
    1,452 Likes Received
    6-7 is my expectation. Anything more is gravy.
  5. DezBRomo9

DezBRomo9 Not enough blitzing.. Zone Supporter

1,649 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    I want these guys to play with some anger, they've seemed to mentally soft since like forever on that side of the ball. Lee would be the only one to take teams making first downs or converting third downs personally. I hope Lawrence takes teams not doubling him personally and he takes it out on them. His attitude has always been like that it seems, too. Lawrence just needs to go out and capitalize on the Melton/Crawford push up the middle, force some fumbles and bring some attitude to the Dline on game days.
  6. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,692 Messages
    5,808 Likes Received
    Me too. Reminds me of a young Peppi Zellner.
    Dodger12 and Chocolate Lab like this.
  7. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,280 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    Exactly much like Irvin laughing at the rookie Emmitt saying he was going to break the all-time rushing record.
  8. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,280 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    Haha beat me to it, I should read more before posting, ha.
  9. Doomsday101

80,175 Messages
    4,860 Likes Received
    Anyone can set low hanging goals, what's the point. lol
  10. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,328 Messages
    544 Likes Received
    8 or 9 sacks for a rookie would be outstanding... I say 7 or 8 range for him.
  11. CT Dal Fan

CT Dal Fan Well-Known Member

991 Messages
    696 Likes Received
    If George Selvie can come in off the street last August and get seven sacks and 32 pressures, there's no reason Rod Marinelli can't coach Lawrence up to get 10-plus. Something to remember: Jeremy Mincey likely starts at right end; meaning Lawrence will be playing mainly on passing downs as a rookie. That could get him plenty of sacks.
  12. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,738 Messages
    826 Likes Received
    It would be awesome if he makes the redskins rue the day for allowing us to draft him.
    CT Dal Fan likes this.
  13. CT Dal Fan

CT Dal Fan Well-Known Member

991 Messages
    696 Likes Received
    Reminds me of the 2007 draft when Dallas traded into the bottom of the first round with Philly. Dallas took Anthony Spencer, the Eagles took...wait for it...quarterback Kevin Kolb.
  14. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

2,020 Messages
    1,430 Likes Received
    I agree. I like his attitude.
  15. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,590 Messages
    767 Likes Received
    I love the enthusiasm!! Personally, while sacks are great, if he can just get consistent pressure I would be happy. Charles Haley was never a huge sack guy but he was always chasing the QB making him rush his throws which was the catalyst that gave us a Superbowl defense in the 90's. If he has around 6 sacks and 40+ pressures I would be ecstatic. If he gets 10 sacks and say 20 pressures I would not be as quite as excited. Sacks are sexy but consistent PRESSURE is what wins games. If he gets blocked almost an entire game yet gets free for one sack he would probably have less of an impact than if he had five or six QB pressures with no sacks.
    DallasEast likes this.
  16. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

1,134 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    If he shows up, great. 10 would be phenomenal, but I'm not expecting that. I just want to see someone that plays solid out there.
  17. PBCCowboy

PBCCowboy Active Member

132 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Let's hope.
  18. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

3,006 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    Going against Tyron Smith everyday can only make him better.
    adbutcher likes this.
  19. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

13,364 Messages
    1,296 Likes Received
    Sigh....

Sad, but True.

He needs like he said 10+ to even be knocking on the door wearing a star.
    casmith07 likes this.
  20. DanTanna

DanTanna Original Zone Member Zone Supporter

2,299 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    Von Miller had 18.5 sacks his rookie year and only tied for ROY. Gotta have a lot more than 10 sacks to win it - Cowboy or not. I give Lawrence and over/under of 7. Over and I'm happy, under and I'm a little disappointed. If he gets to 10 - wowsa! Anything over that and I'm saying "Ware who?". :)
    adbutcher likes this.