1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Layed Off :( Drinks on me.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by kmp77, Sep 25, 2009.

1. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So I just got layed off, along with many others, from my job. Clients just aren't spending the money like that had been doing. Been there 4 years this month. Nice anniversary present :( So now I'm a designer out of work. I've been doing freelance for an iPhone app company on the side so hopefully that'll turn into something more. On the bright side, I'm single, no family and no kids so no one I have to support. Actually that doesn't sound all that bright. So I guess I need to look into unemployment compensation. Anyone have any tips on that?

So anyyyywayyy, in honor of a crudtastic/sorta happy day.....beer is on me!!

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

PS Anyone know who the chick on the right is? I want to have her babies...errr....I mean....other way around I think........
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,138 Messages
    6,919 Likes Received
    Well that sucks, man.

I've been there, so I hope things turn around quickly for you.
  3. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I had a friend who got laid off and had to get unemployment benefits for a couple months. I think the only advice is to fill everything out as soon as possible and just get the claim in. Hope things turn around soon!
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

5,457 Messages
    574 Likes Received

That sucks :(

I'll bet something even better happens as a result though, so chin up! :)

BTW, no idea who the chick is, but I hear ya!!!!!
  5. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I'm sorry to hear that. It seems like anybody could get whacked these days.
    What kind of designer are you?

BTW, the chick on the right is my mistress, so step off! ;)
  6. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sorry to hear that. I'm in the Cattle business so i work all year for nothing so an unemployment check sounds good to me:eek::
  7. thebigeasy88

thebigeasy88 Member

279 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I was laid off for 4 months. Got to spend the first 2 months of my daughters life at home with her and then found a job 2 miles from my house. Life couldn't be better right now.

Things happen for a reason man. Keep your head up and enjoy the time off if you can. Things will work out.
  8. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,599 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    That's my next door neighbor. :D

But on a more serious note, sorry to hear you about your layoff. :eek::

I guess it's time to start that multi-million dollar Internet business that you been thinking about. Get that baby cranked up and all is well on the home front. :D
  9. Avaj

Avaj Peace Be Still

1,700 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Sorry to hear that and hope a door opens for you soon.
  10. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Graphics/Media/Web

I do graphics design, multimedia, 3d, photography, web design etc.
  11. WarC

WarC Active Member

1,521 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hang in there buddy things will turn around. I too was out of work for close to 4 months this year, but after all the searching and interviews and getting into the new job, I appreciate the change in perspective and the knowledge that came with experiencing it. And unemployment aid is a life saver, it really lets you concentrate on finding the right kind of job you want.

The girls are from an oktoberfest in munich, germany.

Different girls, different year, same event:

[IMG]
  12. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    This economy is very hard on that field. I left stock photography studio just before it sank last year and moved into Pharma Advertising.

The best advice I could give is to look to pharmaceutical advertising, as it's maintaining a pretty good level of steadiness for so many different fields. A few in my company have been laid off, but others have been hired in other areas and it's very steady right now.

Good luck.
  13. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What a nice pair of...........BEERS.......yup....beers is what I was gonna say.
  14. Cochese

Cochese Benched

7,360 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    my mother and my friend have both gotten laid off in the past year, they have both decided to spend some time to themselves while their former employer and the government pays them. make the best of it, learn a language, an instrument, read books, better yourself and opportunites are sure to come.
  15. Bonecrusher#31

Bonecrusher#31 Active Member

1,817 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Been there man...You shall recover !!!!!!!!!
  16. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,940 Messages
    356 Likes Received
  17. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I got laid off for the first time in July of last year.

PM me if you have any questions about job sites, unemployment compensation, or anything else regarding being laid off.
  18. needforspeed

needforspeed Legend in my spare time

667 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just got laid off after 19 years with GE. Now a full-time student in the field of respiratory therapy.