1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Lebron would risk insubordination if Cowboys were in the Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Boyzmamacita, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,735 Messages
    715 Likes Received
    The Heat have to hop on the plane as quickly as possible after they play at 2 p.m. ET Sunday in Toronto so they can make the turnaround to play Charlotte on Monday in Miami.

James apparently has considered skipping the flight to watch the Super Bowl instead, and he admits there’s one thing that would have made such an act of insubordination happen — if his favorite team, Dallas, was playing.

"If the Cowboys were in the Super Bowl, I'd stay there for the game," he said, even shrugging off a question of whether he would do that if it would jeopardize his chances of getting back for the next game he had to play. "Are you crazy? I would never leave."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/...ing-that-he-will-miss-super-bowl-xlvii-013113

---------------------------------------------------------

Of course there were several sarcastic comments below the article about how Lebron won't have to worry about missing the Cowboys in a Super Bowl for a long time. I don't know if those people are right or not, but it sure would be nice to get back there. I miss that Christmas-like feeling of a Cowboys Super Bowl Sunday.
  2. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,648 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    At least he has his priorities straight.
  3. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,735 Messages
    715 Likes Received
    Absolutely.;)
  4. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,159 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Ok....I am officially a fan of his.......screw Cleveland ;-)
  5. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,175 Messages
    573 Likes Received
    :laugh2: This happened to me the first time I saw a pro Cowboys from him tweet about a year ago.
  6. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,387 Messages
    1,194 Likes Received
    Wish I knew that feeling :laugh2:
  7. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,828 Messages
    3,829 Likes Received
    That's my GOAT.
  8. Blitzen32

Blitzen32 Member

205 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Wouldn't we all?
  9. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,990 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    That's why I still like Lebron! True Cowboys fan! LMAOOOOOOOOOOO
  10. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,908 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    I hosted/ran an online Cleveland Cavaliers radio show during Lebron's last season in Cleveland and every time I would see him in the locker room we would talk Cowboys. The rest of the Cleveland media would always give me dirty looks :laugh2:
  11. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Screw lebron. I HATE that he is a Cowboys fan. Mavericks, son!
  12. Pokeness

Pokeness Member

142 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Maybe LeBron will be the savior of the Cowboys and buy them from the Jones after he retires from the NBA!
    :star:
  13. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's not so far fetched. Obviously he doesn't have the cash to buy them out right, but he could certainly head a group to buy them.

Anyone know Lebron's net worth? Certainly over 100mil, but I'm guessing less than 500mil.

Don't think the Cowboys ownership upon Jones' death is known or really ever been discussed.

Jerry has a wife and other children. Outright ownership of the 1.6 billion dollar franchise certainly isn't going to pass directly to Stephen.
  14. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,856 Messages
    3,782 Likes Received
    Who are the Cowboys next generation thread

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244870&highlight=generation
  15. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

6,970 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    With the franchise worth around 2 billion dollars, the death tax will kill you. Pardon the pun, but they might have to sell.
  16. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,856 Messages
    3,782 Likes Received
    From the link I posted...

------------------------------------------
    During a wide-ranging interview at the Cowboys’ Valley Ranch complex with The Dallas Morning News' Brad Townsend, Jerry Jones candidly discussed a future that eventually, inevitably, won’t include him.

“I do want to emphasize that, at this particular time, it would be madness not to think about succession,” he says. “You have to. And you should.

“I’m very confident that if I got hit by a truck tomorrow, we’ve got a great succession plan. Everybody here understands football, loves it, is not really interested in anything else in sports and has tunnel vision relative to football.”

----------------------------------------

In the early 1990s, Jerry transferred minority limited partnership interests to Stephen, Charlotte and Jerry Jr., giving them what he calls “serious skin in the game,” a daily incentive to fully invest their professional lives.

-------------------------------------------

The oldest three Jones grandchildren are in college, working toward degrees that could point them toward the family business.

Stephen’s daughters, Jessica and Jordan, attend the University of Texas. Jordan, a freshman in UT’s textiles program, interned this summer in the Cowboys’ merchandising department.

Sophomore Jessica is a communications major, as is Charlotte’s daughter Haley, a sophomore at Arkansas.
  17. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,592 Messages
    583 Likes Received
    He is not totally brainless, ah guess.
  18. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,884 Messages
    1,111 Likes Received
    Say what you want, but as much as we all have differences, when you become a TRUE cowboys fan, it's a fraternity for life. Thumbs up to Lebron.
  19. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,755 Messages
    1,190 Likes Received
    I think that the worst thing about being a Cowboys fan, by far, is that I have something in common with that idiot.
  20. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,534 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    Who? .. Jones or Lebron? ;)