1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Lemme Pull A Dark Cloud Over All the Sunshine here....

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Badattitude, Jul 27, 2005.

1. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,406 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    No Comment.

As far as the Burress thing goes. The entire league knows that people will usually play for less in Pittsburgh.
  2. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,406 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I hadnt realized this was more than a page (alcohol). Say it isnt so.
  3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,965 Messages
    1,277 Likes Received
    I think that this is a good post, Wayne. Predicting 13-3 with a Super Bowl berth is a bit extreme. This team still has questions marks, as all teams do. We should probably temper our hopes.

HOWEVER, this thead is the exact opposite. Pessimism for the sake of pessimism. Hey everyone, let us only view the problems, imagine them to be worse than they are, that way we can never be let down and always say 'see - told you we would suck.' Both are ridiculous extremes, if you ask me.

I won't deny we have problems still, but I can't think of many things I would have done differently in the offseason. I certainly haven't shot off ridiculous nonsense to either the pro or cons, other than a healthy dose of excitement for the pluses (the Draft/free agents) and the negs ($$ spent in FA, some small personnel issues).
  4. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,115 Messages
    3,139 Likes Received
    I've known guys like BA for years. If Dallas is a juggernaut they are overly optimistic so that when they win it all they can tell everyone how they knew it all along. After all they've been telling you. You just needed to listen.

When Dallas is not a juggernaut they take the opposite approach. Then they get to tell you how right they were again.

No matter the mood it is always in your face and boring. He is better than all of us because he is always right and has been a fan of this team longer than any of us. You see the evidence right here in the thread.

Quite frankly instead of paying more attention to him as he suggests, the less attention paid to him the better.
  5. AtlCB

AtlCB Active Member

3,684 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

Ward only lined up against Newman in a few plays in that game. Ward had only 78 yards receiving in the game and no touchdowns.

I couldn't find the comment by Ward about Newman. You need to post a link to prove that he actually said that.

Rothlisburger was starting since the second game of the season. The rookie QB excuse doesn't work, because Burress put up much better numbers against Cleveland and New England in the regular season (the Steelers opponents just before and just after the Cowboys). Burress had 136 yards and a TD against Cincinatti, and had 63 yards and 2 TD's against New England. Rothlisburger was the quarterback in both of these games.

The only thing that you have to back up your ridiculous claim is a preseason game in Newman's rookie year.

I'll ask you again: Do you just make up this stuff????
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    objectivity based on last year, this is not last year believe it or not player do improve over time will this be the case with Dallas we don't know but when someone is coming off with absolute comments without seeing them 1st then that is not being objective. As for you, your more concerned with Carter face it he is no longer with us and right now he is with no one. Please put this carter crap behind he is out of here not coming back so what good does it do to continue this bs about Carter.
  7. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, of course he's a troll, man... h*ll, just read the title of the thread... he can't be much clearer about his agenda...

He's just tryin' to piss people off, that's what gives him a woody...
  8. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ok, debate his post-- show us why you're not a troll...

Personally, I think the guy has a point, certainly a more legitimate point than your gloom and doom initial post in this thread...
  9. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That is a fair and accurate assessment of your posts... nice to see you recognize it without us having to rub your nose in it...
  10. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, I only go back to their first game ever... I can remember Eddie LeBaron at quarterback, Jerry Tubbs at middle linebacker...

And no matter how long you claim to have followed the Boys, you're still nothing but a jackass troll with a sh*tty attitude...
  11. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,293 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    silverbear, why you always posting latenight, you work 3rd shift or something.
    BA i thought you were a youngun from reading some of your posts.
  12. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yup, I work graveyards at a semi-luxury businessman's hotel... I'm the night manager, only there's a staff of one on at this hour... LOL...

And yeah, my boss is a JERK... ;)
  13. KINGBRICE_28

KINGBRICE_28 New Member

1,234 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thats my typical day....maybe you should come over to my dorm sometime :p:

As for the post....meh.....there's always truth behind his posts however this goes beyond playing devils advocate......

why? :confused:
  14. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  15. KINGBRICE_28

KINGBRICE_28 New Member

1,234 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    HH31....LMAO......

Anything's possible......