1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Len Pasquarelli writes embarassing article about new Cowboys defense

Discussion in 'Jerry/Garrett/Rant Zone' started by newnationcb, Jul 8, 2013.

1. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,052 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Drunk post by LP?
  2. Andrei Kostitsyn

Andrei Kostitsyn Member

38 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Sheesh, that's embarrassing. Bush league journalism right there. Not to mention his terrible take on the D-line and their new responsibilities in the 4-3. *facepalm*
  3. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

1,071 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    Ain't that the truth!
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,299 Messages
    4,842 Likes Received
    You don't.

He went from ESPN to the NationalFootballPost. That can't be a career advancement.
  5. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Lenny P is a lot like Goose. Great at cultivating front office sources that he's developed over a gazillion years as a gumshoe beatwriter and regurgitating fed info, but when he tries to wade into analysis ... particularly analytics ... it brings epic lulz.
  6. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I do expect teams to test our interior run defense, but really ... how many good power run teams are in the NFL currently? San Francisco..... and San Francisco. What few teams run the ball well typically run a outside zone base.
  7. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    This is what editors and proofreaders are for I guess.
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,886 Messages
    2,138 Likes Received
    WOW!
    I guess they don't have fact checkers anymore.
    But to write an entire article based on having you data totally upside down...well, I have never seen a blunder that big anywhere.
  9. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    That would require very good to excellent d-line play. I have serious questions regarding the switch. We need pressure. It is a long season. Our studs that are aging need more relief.
  10. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    I know I'm late to the party here but can't help but wonder if this was a result of being eager to pile onto "anything Cowboys is negative" bandwagon. Things like Spencer being bad against the run seems like pretty basic stuff to miss on. Sounds like he read an article then wrote his article based on how he remembered it.
  11. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,506 Messages
    820 Likes Received
    Here is his response.

lennypask

Jul 8, 2013
    thanks for all the feedback, painful as it's been. apologies to readers, and monte kiffin, for error. clearly misread the order of some nfl stats, and that's inexcusable. the point remains the same -- that monte's units often are far better than some of the stats -- but the argument gets weakened some by the errors. will do far better. thanks to the readers for being so alert. and for clearly proofing more carefully than i did. LP

Funny he still tried to justify his lame excuse for journalism...