1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Let face it we are not drafting Janoris Jenkins or Kirkpatrick

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dantheman41, Feb 8, 2012.

1. dantheman41

dantheman41 Active Member

719 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    I don't know why everyone thinks we might take either one of these guys. I'd be willing to bet money that Jason Garrett doesn't want either one of these guys in the locker room. They have made it clear they want "smart" football players. Their not going to take either one especially with the baggage they have. Jason Garrett has even less tolerance for it then Jerry Jones. Rob Ryan's scheme is not for idiots, as we found out this year. They want smart guys
  2. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,057 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    Smart football players aren't necessarily saints off the field. Michael Irvin was a smart football player, but not your ideal role model off the field.
  3. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,303 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I don't see any position in the first but for LB. We need a passrush and this draft is deep with starting CBs and OGs in the 2nd.
  4. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    After watching interviews, signing day and various videos from Kirkpatrick, I would be SHOCKED if the Cowboys drafted him. Same with Courtney Upshaw.

I haven't looked for stuff on Janoris Jenkins. At this point, I'd still say it's too early to decide. Rob Ryan has said that he is only looking at cornerbacks. I want DeCastro, so it's all good regardless.
  5. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,331 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    ill bet money we draft one of these 2 kids
  6. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,331 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    the video of Dre Kirkpatrick on signing day is awesome!!! what are you talkin about? hilarious
  7. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,936 Messages
    1,239 Likes Received
    If we had New England's truck load of picks, I'd say gamble on one...but reality is the Cowboys don't. So like it or not, games aren't won/loss by a secondary. They are what they imply, a secondary consideration. Adequate play there is functional...if, just like the offense, the front line is dominated.

That isn't close to happening yet...
  8. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,057 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    Just saw it. :laugh2: The captions make it awesome.
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,393 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    Either one of those guys would still get torched if the pass rush doesnt improve.
  10. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,936 Messages
    1,239 Likes Received
    The reality of it all...just as signing Laurent Robinson doesn't do a lot of work if the offensive line's interior doesn't change as well.
  11. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    Im laying odds ... actually 3-1 odds that its one of these 2 idiots that jerry picks.

its a perfect jerry pick ... oo shiny Corner ... we need one ... oo look at that 4.3 speed ... the more and more we see of the mocks the more we see Jenkins name.
  12. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,330 Messages
    562 Likes Received
    what we do in FA will tell us where we are headed in the draft. if we load up on DB's in FA, decastro will be the guy. IF we sign nicks, then I bet we go defense in round 1.