1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

lets discuss this scenario

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by GloryDaysRBack, Jan 14, 2012.

1. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia... a poor man's Carl Nicks, a 350 pounder with agility...
  2. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,468 Messages
    838 Likes Received
    chris, what do you think about Nick Perry?
  3. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,110 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    No kiddin'...

If DeCastro is gone before 14 that means somebody, most likely one of the top 3 offensive tackles, fell.

Personally, I wouldn't pull the trigger on an OT but you can bet your last dollar that my first phone call would be to the Chargers in that scenario, because they'd be thrilled to get one of those guys. Move down 4 spots, pick up an extra 3rd round choice, and still get my projected pick ( Barron ), or one of the primo DTs ( 3-4 DEs ) that would still be available ( Michael Brockers or Devon Still ).
  4. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,110 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Would love to grab him in the 2nd round.
  5. geeter

geeter Member

63 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Peter Konz- center - Wisconsin

rated 5th best pro prospect in draft by Wes Bunting and First Rd grade= 8.0
    after 1-Luck 2- Claiborne 3- DeCastro & 4- Richardson
    definately a plug and play choice for many yrs to come

need to protect Romo, since w/o him, the Boys are toast.....

I sense an urgency to build a protective wall around Romo...his health is prime to the future of the Cowboys- this investment is treated like a rag doll by our opponents...jeez

Give Romo some love....get him Nicks in free agency - DeCastro at 14th and move up from second round into first round and get Konz....that way we're done with the offensive line for remaining Romo yrs in one swoop and OL set for a decade.

Smith... Nicks ... Konz ...DeCastro ...Free

Yeah, the defense suffers but lets get it fixed in the following 2 yrs. Not like if we're a player away from the SB with that train wreck.....:bang2:
  6. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    it is a very good possibility that no one is going to want to move up so a trade down will probably be out of the question
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,800 Messages
    1,670 Likes Received
    Konz'a medical history + our luck = bad combination. No on Konz
  8. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's generally predicted to go in the pick 20-25 range, from what I've read...
  9. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Great player, but there's a serious question mark with him-- he missed some games late in the season two years back because of blood clots... if he ever has a recurrence of those blood clots, he'll have to go on blood thinners for the rest of his life, which will immediately end his NFL career...

Now, if you can guarantee me that he'll never have another problem with those clots, then I'm with you, draft him if you can at pick 14... but what if you draft him that high, and he has another blood clot even before training camp begins, and never plays another snap for you??

I might take such a chance with a 4th round pick, but I wouldn't spend one of my first three picks on a player with that question mark...

You can find a nice center in the 2nd round (Ben Jones of Georgia), or even in the 4th or 5th round range (Philip Blake of Baylor)... and one of my sleepers is an intriguing center from tiny Elon, Rodney Austin...
  10. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You don't know who is playing LT next year?
  11. dboy214

dboy214 Benched

3,122 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    this post sent a tingle down my leg. :eek::