1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Lets say Mcfadden is taken already?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dalboy, Aug 8, 2007.

1. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,129 Messages
    1,389 Likes Received
    Not that we need DE or OLB... but if this guy goes anywhere near where we are supposed to pick... I wouldn't mind us taking him.

Vernon Gholston

[IMG]
  2. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,129 Messages
    1,389 Likes Received
    Aquib Talib

[IMG]
  3. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,129 Messages
    1,389 Likes Received
    DeSean Jackson

A little Small... but a game changer.

[IMG]
  4. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,129 Messages
    1,389 Likes Received
    Of course the main guy I'd like if McFadden isn't a Cowboy...

Steve Slaton

[IMG]
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,684 Messages
    2,418 Likes Received
    I dunno, Asthma... Gholston looks kinda lazy... I think he needs to get in the gym every once in a while. :p:
  6. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,129 Messages
    1,389 Likes Received

H does look a little soft doesn't he.

To be honest, I haven't watched him play... just the way he looks made me post his pic.

Someone did say that he plays pretty well and SI had him as a difference maker for this coming season... so we shall see. If he plays up to his physical abilities... he'll be a monster. :eek:
  7. Hailmary

Hailmary Active Member

2,236 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Not thrilled w/ either one of those WRs. Actually, I'm not thrilled w/ the upcoming crop of WRs. I realize the college season hasn't even started yet, but the top prospects at the WR position so far are midgets.

Now Jake Long, I agree w/ you a 100%. You've coveted McFadden ever since the Browns trade was announced, me I've coveted Jake Long w/ the pick. The bonus w/ Long, however, is that he may not even go in the top 5. We may be able to trade down w/ the Browns pick and still grab him if we choose (which could be parlayed to us picking up Slaton).
  8. McCordsville Cowboy

McCordsville Cowboy Pro-Quinn

4,315 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I like him too but unfortunately he will be Robert Gallery....
  9. cboyd

cboyd Member

392 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  10. daniukid

daniukid Member

102 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let's get DeSean Jackson! We need a young receiver. Last year, 20% of the punts he returned were for TD. To put that in perspective, each time he caught and ran it back the other team would effectively get safetied and lose 2 points! That is amazing!! ([6 pts for TD + 1 pt for kick after] * .2 = 1.4 pts). #2 may be too high, so I'm down with trading down and picking up a 2nd and a 3rd if the opp presents itself.

DeSean can learn from TO and TG plus fortify the return and KO game.
    -daniukid
  11. TVMan

TVMan Active Member

790 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    [SIZE=-1]
    QB...Andre Woodson, Kentucky
    ---------------------------------------
    [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]DE...Calais Campbell, Miami
    [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]DE...Tommy Blake, TCU
    [/SIZE][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]NT...Frank Okam, Texas
    [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
  12. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If he declares, Justin King is who I'd take. He's kind of buried by the cover-2 that Penn State plays but he's the best CB prospect since Deion Sanders.

The most impressive game from a physical standpoint I've ever seen was two years ago at Beaver Stadium against Ohio State. Penn State went away from their normal cover-2 at times matching King on Ginn. King was baiting Smith by giving Ginn a couple yards on flys then closing the gap.

Simply the second faster player I've ever seen.
  13. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Thanks for the tip, I will watch him and see how he compares to my kid Antoine Cason.
  14. StanleySpadowski

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cason's a heckuva player also. I wouldn't mind seeing him with a star on the side of his helmet.

King made a bad choice in picking Penn State. It's not a defense to showcase his skills but IIRC his dad or step dad played there.
  15. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    We need to create a thread for the Draft Zone that is a comprehensive list of players to watch in 2007. It would be cool to keep it updated for each game they play.
  16. David276

David276 Benched

950 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    jerrrryuh will be be-headed if mcfadden isnt our first pick by the fans.
  17. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

8,340 Messages
    973 Likes Received

With the #1 overall, and the #32 overall, we can control the draft, like in the days of Jimmy....:D
  18. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Huh ..... ? care to rephrase that in a more coherent order?

But, since I get your drift, I will say that I don't see how the fans can hold him accountable for not drafting a guy if it turns out the guy was already drafted before our turn.
  19. BouncingCheese

BouncingCheese Stay out of my Bidness

1,703 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Then we are probably going to pick a player we don't want; nobody would want a pick that high. I was at Redskins park draft day and they were trying so damn hard to trade out of that pick, but because players and picks are devalued on draft day because of the time constraints and pressure, they didn't make a deal. I see a similar situation to that if we are no 2 and Mcfadden taken.
  20. StanleySpadowski

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Great idea.

I just started a thread on it in the draft zone.