1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Let's talk about Morris Claiborne

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by The Natural, Sep 8, 2013.

1. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,330 Messages
    353 Likes Received
    He's been really disappointing so far. Obviously I am rooting for him but I remember scouts calling him the next Darrelle Revis. Lets go mo!
  2. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,458 Messages
    405 Likes Received
    Honestly Claiborne wasn't that bad, I was over reacting on him during the game.

But we need to start doing something about messing up timing routes, otherwise teams are gonna get the slant on us all day.
  3. sadams

sadams Well-Known Member

1,136 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Hardest position to play on the field. Matched up against two beast receivers. Ill take him. Good player. Just needs time.
  4. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,762 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    Totally agree. Mo will be fine. The guy obviously has a ton of talent. He had an extremely tough match up and he was coming off an injury.
  5. superonyx

superonyx Well-Known Member

1,649 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    Without knowing the defense play call and coverages we can't really know if a certain catch should be blamed on him or on the safety helping him in that section of the field. On TV all you see is him however unless you know that his assignment blown or he made the choice to play loose when the play call was to press the man then we don't know.

With Will Allen getting beat on 3 victor Cruz TD's , I have much more concerns of our safeties ability to shut down the middle of the field than Claiborne at this point.
  6. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,683 Messages
    1,132 Likes Received
    The guy had like 60 lbs on him whats he supposed to do? shoulder was into the hips, thats about as good as youre going to get from a CB.

Overall, I think his game looked a lot worse than it actually was b/c he never got any inside support. It seemed like they had him playing an outside technique, protecting the sidelines, and just giving up the inside. If a safety could ever break on a ball in front of them, we are saying how the entire secondary played well.

The guy Im far more concerned about is Will Allen, who looked awful despite the pick.
  7. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,378 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    Jeez I was a little down on him, but people in this thread are OTT, hes still young and quite inexperienced, plenty of time to get better. I can't wint until Frederick gets Tony sacked, people will storm his house with pitchforks.
  8. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,163 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    Expectations were set unreasonably high when Jerry said Claiborne was the best CB to enter the NFL since Deion Sanders in 1989.
  9. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Experience wont suddenly give him top line speed
  10. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,163 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    He came out with 4.5 speed. While not blazing, it's not terrible by any means.
  11. 17yearsandcounting

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Im not saying it is bad, its just not elite. Not the kind of thing that you trade up to draft.
  12. LOBO7

LOBO7 Active Member

306 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    He was fine last year for a rookie.
    First time on the field and not much help inside.
    They will watch film and make corrections.
    We survived. 1-0.
  13. superonyx

superonyx Well-Known Member

1,649 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    Elite speed isn't what success at this level is about.

Flat out foot race between Claiborne and Revis and smart money is on Claiborne.

Way too many people caught up in 40 times.
  14. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,413 Messages
    856 Likes Received
    I think a lot of people knocking Claiborne last night are confused about responsibilities in the Tamp-2.
  15. 17yearsandcounting

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Not a chance. Revis is much much much faster and a better all around athlete.
  16. cannonball44

cannonball44 Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    This. Linebackers should have been demolishing WRs coming over the middle.
  17. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

1,981 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    Normally your backs provide the inside support, I think we had them pulled up to help the line.
  18. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,143 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    Brandon Carr is so good he's hardly tested, that he makes every one else look bad. Claiborne will be fine, the problem with him is we gave up way too much to get him. But that doesn't mean he's crap.
  19. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,378 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    Since when do we take what he says serious? Even his special sauce son is getting in on the act.
  20. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

1,886 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    He wasn't that great last season, either.

He is a horrible tackler and had no playmaking abilities.