1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Let's Talk Vontaze

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by NeonDeion21, Mar 4, 2012.

1. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

1,960 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    We all know about his terrible 40. We know he played terrible last year and he is free-falling down draft boards. But at what point do you gamble on him? 4th? 5th? Never?

Two years ago he played well. No one can argue that and maybe around a strong locker room he could develop into what is potential is. At what point do you gamble on a talented, but a head case player in the draft?
  2. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not a fit for this team.
  3. Marktui

Marktui Active Member

1,196 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Nothing wrong with a sixth round choice if he is there. Someone will take a chance on him earlier I bet. But we need speed at the LB position, Eagles and Giants have too much team speed so we have to counter that with speed on our defense as well.
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,901 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    So, he'd be about the last guy you'd pick?
  5. cruz_aedo861

cruz_aedo861 Member

105 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He might be a good player if he finds the fit and a strong locker room. But dallas is not the place for him we draft him in any round he is out of the league in 2 years.
  6. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,663 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    I currently attend Arizona State and he's a laughing stock around here.

He was last or 2nd to last in the 3 major drills. His athleticism was supposed to carry him to a decent draft pick but the combine showed he doesn't have much of it.

The guy gets eaten up by OL and usually tried to run around them. He's no good.
  7. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,043 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I was a Burfict fan too, but the guy did not take the combine/offseason very seriously. Why would any team do the same for him?

He blew it. The guy will be lucky to go in the 4th. And the only way that happens is if he gets an epiphany, trains like a madman and blows everyone away at his pro day. With his lackadaisical attitude, very unlikely.
  8. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,809 Messages
    296 Likes Received
    I would gamble on him starting in the 4th round, but it seems that he either doesn't care about football or is just lazy. Maybe it's both. You would think he's the next Ray Lewis when viewing his Youtube highlights before you realize that they were all from previous years.

Tons of talent with a two-cent head.
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,893 Messages
    1,653 Likes Received
    That's a good argument not to draft him.

Anyway, Lee and Carter have plenty of speed/reaction time at LB.
  10. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great bass players Staff Member

35,421 Messages
    2,775 Likes Received
    When people drop off so much I think of drugs.
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,149 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    lets not.
  12. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,170 Messages
    1,798 Likes Received
    he is not for us

however, i would not be surprised to have the ravens or the steelers pick him and for him to have a productive career with them
  13. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

10,995 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    If he doesn't get drafted, then I would bring him in as a free agent, but thats about it.
  14. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

1,960 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I agree with you on both accounts. Its just amazing to see how much he has fell in the last year. He will be quite a big storyline on day 3 of the draft.
  15. Dallyjake

Dallyjake Member

301 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    No need for Bad Attitude and lack of work ethic. I will be pissy if we pick or sign this kid.
  16. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,419 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    And, believe it or not, some here were pimping him in the 1st rd for the Cowboys just about a month or two ago IIRC.:)