1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Letterman Trashes Palin 18 yr old daughter & Palin...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by sbark, Jun 10, 2009.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,822 Messages
    2,923 Likes Received
    Thread hijack...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Loved the King Dime GIF.
    Hey Brain.I highly recommend Maiden's "Flight 666".
    Awesome.
  3. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,713 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    The attitude revolves a great deal around YOU... you come in here RARELY, and when you do, you stir up all kinds of ****...

You state your ideas then you go off on others that disagree and regularly start whining about your treatment in here...

My attitude towards you involves your hypocrisy in regards to how Ms. Palin defends her children, and you said you would do the same, and how you treat others that defend her...

So you have a difference of opinion with a mod and you want to run back to suckle on your mamma's teat claiming you are being treated unfairly? PLEEZE grow up, my friend...

If you did something banworthy, I would ban you... disagreeing with me does not constitute that. If you want to legitimately argue a point, have a point to argue instead of claiming "the mods are picking on me"... it's weak stuff...

Please publicly post any warnings from me or any other mods...

Give me a break... when you come in here, you incite. Don't be expected to be handled with kid gloves... grow a pair for God's sake or stay out of here lest your mascara start running...
  4. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,434 Messages
    1,481 Likes Received
    Someone (I don't remember who) brought up the fact that A-rod and Spitzer are not offended as Palin. Clearly in reference to Letterman's continued joking about it in his bogus apology.

Why are they not as offended as the Palin family? Oh I don't know, how about the fact that their children were not involved? How abotu the fact that most men do not object to being profiled as a "player" who will "hit" anything that wears a dress? The same does not hold true for a woman.

This is an ugly fact of life. A man who sleeps around is viewed as a player. A woman who sleeps around is viewed as a slut. I love David Letterman but his jokes perpetuate that sterotype.

You're going to sit there, a grown man who is clearly intelligent and tell me the two parts to that joke are equally offensive? I call bull. Men who jump from bed to bed are not viewed the same as women who do. That is an irrefutable fact of life despite the fact it is the same act. Denying that is simply myopic at best.

Bringing up A-rod and Spitzer being accused of pedophilia is exactly the opposite of the contention in this thread defending Letterman that he never intended his joke to be about Willow. He was merely "misinformed" as to which daughter was in NYC. Here's the bottom line to that. If they were being accused of this by Letterman's jokes it makes what he said about Palin's daughter even worse. He basically has then painted a 14 year old girl as a slut. So if you want to continue this vein of thinking at the very least do it with the knowledge that it makes his jokes even more crass and wrong.

Comedians tell off color jokes. When it is offensive as this is the best course of action is to sincerely apologize for it, not ramp it up. Letterman ramped it up. Not only was his apology fake, but he repeated the jokes again a 2nd night to gratuitous laughter. That is as stupid as me repeating a racial joke word for word and trying to explain it away instead fo simply being contrite and apologetic.

In other words, it doesn't work.

The National Organization for Women has now demanded action by CBS. I suppose they are as wrong as the political Right in your opinion?

How ironic is that?
  5. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    :laugh1: @ Brainpaint!! :lmao2:
  6. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

6,965 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    :bow: :bow: :bow:
  7. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Good God dude.

Think whatever you want. It really doesnt matter.

This forum is what it is. I cant add to it. So I wont bother to try anymore.

Good Luck with the forum.
  8. trickblue

28,713 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    You never blow it off... please don't act like you do...

Also, you can't take the proverbial high road when you've never journeyed the route for yourself...
  9. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

Anything else?

Any last things you want to get in or get off your chest since you have such a problem with me?

If you do, by all means get it out now so I can read it.
  10. trickblue

28,713 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Never "had a problem with you"... I have a problem with your style when you post in here...

Others that have legitimate points and your laughing them off as nonsense doesn't go over well...

You can find many on the left in here that will defend me in our dealings.
  11. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received

Hos, I wouldn't have known. I thought that was Theo from the Bill Cosby show.
  12. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    oh okay.

Well I guess that is all. I will be here for a few more minutes if you care to add in anymore personal comments on how you really feel.
  13. Hostile

118,434 Messages
    1,481 Likes Received
    My good friend Juke99 often tells me "if three people tell you that you are drunk, at least sit down." It reminds me that at times I need to pull back from my "hostile" side.

No one is always right. Not one single solitary one of us. It isn't possible. I'm human. If I offended anyone in this thread I do hope you will know it was unintentional.

Very few topics surrounding politics interest me. This one does. But not to the point that it is worth losing a friend, and I do consider almost everyone who has debated this with me to be friends.

As Mods we will get defensive when you suggest to us that we ban based on disagreements. No we don't. We ban based upon our Guidelines here and we hate when we do have to ban someone. That's why so many of you get pissed off at us when we are tolerant of someone like Nors. We try everything we can to allow all voices within the Guidelines.

Your Moderators here are not united on any topic except one. The good of this forum as a whole. We have Conservative Mods, Liberal Mods, and Mods who hate politics more than diarrhea. We have Christian Mods and Atheist Mods. We have homers and haters. We don't agree on anything except that we genuinely care about all of you and providing you with the best forum for Cowboys and other news on the Internet.

We have Mods going through personal issues so bad right now that some of you cannot even imagine. We are human. Maybe that makes us bad people to govern this forum. But please accept the fact that in threads we are posters with opinions, not Mods. We do our damnedest not to Moderate in public. It kills us to put our foot down as BP had to earlier. I guarantee you that made his stomach churn. I know the man's character after all these years relying on him as heavily as I do. He did it hoping 2 guys could pull back and regroup, not to threaten or intimidate anyone. That's not our style.

We are human. We can't help that. Forgive us for it.

Peace.
  14. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I,I,I.Me,me,me...everyone hates me...boo hoo...
    You victim card antics are legendary.
    Just go away.
  15. Hostile

118,434 Messages
    1,481 Likes Received
    Gotta disagree with you. I think she's gonna be a stunner some day. Her Mom is very attractive IMO and she looks like her Mom.
  16. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    again with the victim card.

Ridiculous.

and I am gathering some addresses of some people I like to talk football with here and people I hope to hook up with at the new stadium.

as soon as I have them, you wont see or hear from me again.
  17. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,579 Messages
    1,673 Likes Received
    Do you honestly intend to leave this forum forever solely because of Artie?

That's ridiculous, and you know it. Step back from the ledge.

Artie treats everyone like this. You should see how he treats the people he genuinely dislikes.:p:
  18. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [IMG]

"And peace descended upon the land."
  19. trickblue

28,713 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Please don't do the "I'm leaving" bit... we've all seen it before... take your ball and go home...

If you can't be friendly with people that have differing views from you, it is really your own shortcomings and something you have to deal with on your own...

You are a good football poster, but unrelenting in here... it's really too bad...

I wish you luck...
  20. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Yep, thats right bbgun. Nice to know you feel that way.