1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Likely to be on Obama/Iran "let's talk" agenda... the Holocaust a "big lie"...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ThaBigP, Jan 27, 2009.

1. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Holocaust a 'big lie': Iran govt spokesman

Iran's government spokesman on Tuesday branded the Holocaust a "big lie" created to place the Islamic republic's arch-foe Israel in the Middle East, the state IRNA news agency reported.

"The Holocaust is a concept coming from a big lie in order to settle a rootless regime in the heart of the Islamic world," Gholam Hossein Elham told a conference on Gaza in central Iran's religious city of Qom.

It was not the first time an Iranian official has questioned the massacre of Jews by Nazis in World War II.
    Iran does not recognise Israel, and since his election in 2005 President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has attracted international condemnation by repeatedly predicting that the Jewish state is doomed to disappear.

In late 2005 Ahmadinejad branded the Holocaust a "myth." His comment was followed by a conference in Tehran in 2006 that brought together Holocaust deniers and revisionists.

A mass-circulation Iranian newspaper also staged a controversial cartoon competition on the subject.
    In September last year a group of Iranian Islamist students unveiled a book mocking the Holocaust and filled with anti-Semitic stereotypes and revisionist arguments. The United Nations designated January 27 as international Holocaust memorial day in 2005, marking the date Soviet troops liberated the largest Nazi death camp, Auschwitz-Birkenau, in Poland.
  3. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,271 Messages
    2,466 Likes Received
    Now for the difficult question:

How many European countries share these same sentiments concerning the holocaust?
  4. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,091 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    officially none, but if you ask people on the streets the whole "it's a lie" thing is gaining ground fast. It's probably only a matter of time before they remove it from the history classes here so they won't offend Muslims or start to teach "alternative history" so they won't be deprived of their ignorance
  5. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Even Britain is refusing to take Guantanamo prisoners -- despite a personal plea from Barack Obama.

In what the UK Telegraph is calling "an early test of Europe's relationship with President Obama," the new President's charm is availing him of significantly less with European leaders than, say, with the American press.

Hold on a minute. Didn't the Democrats promise that once nasty old George W. was gone, the world would embrace America again with open arms? Weren't throngs of hundreds of thousands cheering candidate Obama last summer? Wasn't one of the defining rationales for the Obama (and Clinton) candidacies the ability to work with the world again?

In his first televised interview -- with Al Arabiya television, no less -- President Obama declared that "all too often the United States starts by dictating." That kind of humility, of course, is music to the ears of those who love nothing more than to see America humble -- better, humiliated.

Now, of course, President Obama isn't "dictating." He has asked the Europeans sweetly to take the Guantanamo refugees. And we can see where that has gotten all of us.

Imagine the press reaction if someone less dearly beloved by the MSM had (1) announced plans to close a terrorist prison without a plan about where to relocate the terrorists and (2) had gotten a finger in the eye even from England, the US's closest ally. The screaming would echo all the way to Cuba.

What the hell is happening to our image abroad?
  6. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  7. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,843 Messages
    726 Likes Received
    A little waterboarding would make those Holocaust deniers see the light.
  8. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    if the muslem population keeps rising, maybe it will change.
  9. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    so far you keep saying you can't believe 'em.

yet, you're so willing to talk to them.

epic ironic.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,855 Messages
    1,697 Likes Received
    don't expect consistency from silver on anything except Bush.
  11. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And a little waterboarding would make YOU deny the Holocaust ever happened... so what's your point?? ;)
  12. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not at all-- what I'm saying is you can't take their bloodthirsty public rhetoric seriously... this does not mean that when the doors close, and the press is outside, they won't discuss things with us...

You seem to be almost desperate to find inconsistencies in my arguments, ice... by now, I would have thought you'd be willing to concede that if nothing else, my arguments are quite consistent...
  13. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, you certainly shouldn't expect the kind of mindless acceptance of everything my government tells me that YOU exhibited during the Dubya years...

I can name at least 5 different times that I've already expressed my disapproval of something Obama's done:

1) I didn't like it when, during the campaign, he described his recently deceased grandmother as a "typical white person"... I found that to be racist...

2) I didn't like it when he ran a radio ad down in Florida completely distorting McCain's position on Social Security, trying to "scare" up a few more votes...

3) I didn't like the selection of Hillary Clinton for Secretary of State...

4) I didn't like the nomination of Geithner to be the Treasury Secretary, after learning the guy couldn't even manage his own finances... I would have supported the Republicans if they had made a concerted effort to thwart that nomination...

5) I did not like him naming William Lynn to a post in his administration, when Lynn was recently lobbying for Raytheon... I found that to be hypocritical, violating his own recently established rules...

ALL of these criticisms have been voiced in this forum; strange behavior for a guy who's supposedly indulging in some left wing idol worship...

I also conceded (albeit grudgingly, LOL) that Dubya had done some good with his AIDs initiatives in Africa... and I seem to recall approving of his decision to sit down with the North Koreans, which is of course consistent with my oft-stated position that talking with your enemies is always a good thing...

I still think Obama's doing a good job, on balance, but I do have some reservations about the guy, things I'm gonna be watching in the coming weeks, months and years...

IOW, I'll hold Obama to the exact same standards I held Dubya to, and I'll call him out when IMO he's failed to meet those standards...

It's hard to be more consistent than that...