1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Linehan at Valley Ranch; Close to 'Done Deal'

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CoachHodnett, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

22,332 Messages
    2,826 Likes Received
    Of course. NFL execs don't want to hear honesty. It is far better for them to hear what you want and let nepotism take care of the rest.

There is a real good reason why players want to walk through walls for honest coaches. There are no politics, no head games, no smiling to the media etc.
    Chris in Arizona likes this.
  2. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,767 Messages
    786 Likes Received
    I'll be around a lot longer than Jerrah will, unless I get hit by a truck or something.
  3. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,434 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    That's not what his players said.
    waving monkey likes this.
  4. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,239 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    Only thing cooking right now is a hot mess in Garrett's diapers!
    Aven8, CyberB0b and Little Jr like this.
  5. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Active Member

249 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    I drive truck and that's something I would hate to happen to anybody. A truck is no joke and some folks have no idea the damage they can cause. Hopefully your not hit by a truck and I pray its not me driving
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,375 Messages
    668 Likes Received
  7. Western

Western Member

89 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Dissension & Discord.
  8. Tawney88

Tawney88 Active Member

346 Messages
    168 Likes Received
    Jerry shouldn't be picking his head coaches staff. That's the problem we have had here. The structure and method Jerry has run this team had lead to its downfall. Jerry hiring his guys for Jason's staff is a problem. I may not like the coach but if it was Garrett's hire then it is at least a step in the right direction. Now let's get Jerry and his stupid family out of the draft room.
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

46,923 Messages
    1,820 Likes Received
    To be a fly on the wall at Callahan's place. Wowza.
    jobberone likes this.
  10. jobberone

jobberone Orangutan for hire; blues and southern rock Staff Member

33,440 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    What is this for? Asst coaches even coordinators come and go and not just Dallas. Linehan and anyone else including them all can come and go at anytime. You don't know this has anything to do with Jerry or what the organization will be much less any outcomes. We might go backwards, forwards or remain in neutral. That about covers the bases and we don't know who will contribute how much to what part.
    waving monkey likes this.
  11. jobberone

33,440 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    This may grind or it may just spread out the responsibilities. I hope the offense gets a kick. I hope the Defense gets a legion of them.
  12. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,179 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    Did they ever say *why* this was happening? Was Ryan mad at Henderson or something? What was the reason behind all this?
  13. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

26,587 Messages
    2,748 Likes Received
    Well, his words for Bobby Petrino were pretty choice.
  14. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Staff Member

14,483 Messages
    1,527 Likes Received
    Scott Linehan is fine and perfectly capable, I'm sure. But I don't like the dissension it's potentially creating.
    Gaede and jobberone like this.
  15. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,283 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    How is it any different from any other year? Linehan is Garrett's guy.
    jobberone likes this.
  16. jobberone

33,440 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    They're both right and I agree with you the team is moving in the right direction.

To others yes there appears to be some conflict but they're supposed to be professional. You don't have to like someone to work well with them. And Linehan is Garrett's guy. Others should realize that some just mesh better together and are more efficient. My wife makes me and my life much more rewarding. Let Garrett do his thing and if he fails then he'll fail doing it his way. And I wouldn't let Callahan go anywhere either. He's a very good coach and he and Pollack have done well with the OL. I expect this years offense to do very well barring critical and/or excessive injuries.
  17. theSHOW

theSHOW Well-Known Member

2,206 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    cause he won't get a tummy tuck.
  18. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

18,988 Messages
    4,155 Likes Received
    Who cares what's being said in Dallas anyway? This is such a poorly run team I wouldn't trust a thing they say. All I know is Rob Ryan went to a sane NFL city and immediately turned around one of the worst defenses in football.

Sure he's got a big belly...and it's jiggling right now as he laughs at the Cowboys.
    Boys122, tantrix1969 and tyke1doe like this.
  19. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

18,862 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    Great line :D
  20. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,434 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    who said the team was moving in the right direction? That's such a vague copout. It's literally like any move = going in the right direction.

And it's not about Callahan acting professionally. It's not that he doesn't like linehan. The issue is that Callahan was the offensive coordinator who was the play caller installed by Jerry. He's now getting demoted, but not getting fired, and it sounds like the communication dysfunction is affecting him. If your management doesn't act professionally then I can understand being upset, and really all bets are off at that point.