1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Lions looking for WR, Austin speculation, mike fisher will ask

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Sep 24, 2013.

1. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,522 Messages
    1,010 Likes Received
    Dez's back? What?
  2. Mookie

Mookie Active Member

248 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    In the offseason I would have said heck no, how could we trade Miles? Miles Austin is our main weapon for a deep threat, he can get things done with our offense.

I however today would be willing to trade Miles Austin to Detroit for the right price, he is always injured, he is fragile and honestly I like Cole Beasley too much, he should get involved way much in our offense. I however am not entirely sold on Williams yet, but I'd call Laurant Robinson, perhaps he is doing much better from those concussion problems.

I would tell the Detroit GM; "You ripped us on the RW trade earlier in the past decade, here's Austin, but give me something good, either Suh, a starter in the OLine or a very high draft pick.."
  3. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,043 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I guess Jerry can go on to the next deal then. Word is that there is a fire sale in Cleveland. :D
  4. theranchsucks

theranchsucks Well-Known Member

805 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    If somehow miles got traded we wouldn't get any higher than a 4th and even that's reaching

And you could bet your butt that the deal wouldn't be made until a deal is made to land Gordon.....guaranteed
  5. treykin32

treykin32 Member

176 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    If we were to trade Austin, the only thing left to do is sign TO. He could stretch the field and make the safeties pick their poison. Besides, TO and Romo were a great combo on the field for 3 years. I think you would still have to respect TO's speed and his ability to stretch the field. Dez and Witten would have a field day lol. I know this wouldn't happen though. lol
  6. theranchsucks

theranchsucks Well-Known Member

805 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    Also imagine miles and Reggie bush on the same team swapping stories over Kim k
  7. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,410 Messages
    1,444 Likes Received
    Bleacher Report...nuff said. Better than Yardbarker, but just barely.
    theebs likes this.
  8. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,167 Messages
    1,795 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    Irvin88_4life likes this.
  9. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,432 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Wait, what?
    TOYSTER17 and Common Sense like this.
  10. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

1,491 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    Was I the only one who saw Austin short-arm a 3rd down pass and we had to punt last game? He totally bailed on going after it like he was expecting a hit. Weak.

That said I would prefer Austin (w a healthy hammy of course) finish out the year with us. Twill is not ready and Harris and Beasley are better in supporting roles not #2 WR.
    nake likes this.
  11. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,526 Messages
    3,367 Likes Received
    So you missed his back issues last week? Took a hit in his back and he had to sit out Wed and Thurs.
  12. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,048 Messages
    761 Likes Received
    I think if Miles gets 100 yards against the Chargers, who have the 31st ranked defense in the NFL, very few Zoners will still want to trade him for a 3rd or 4th round pick. I can understand the skepticism about Miles because of his injury history, but we don't have anyone who has shown he can replace him as the number 2 receiver.
    EMMITTnROY likes this.
  13. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

1,797 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Only way i would be interested is if was a player for player swap......,,ie. Miles for a DT/DE
    EMMITTnROY likes this.
  14. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,798 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    Trading away your talent for a draft pick when it is possible you could make a run at the SB is insanity. Trading away players that add value to your team is something a team like the Browns are doing because they aren't talented enough to win right now. We are.
    AZ_Cowboys_Fan and EMMITTnROY like this.
  15. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,280 Messages
    2,840 Likes Received
    Better chance of me playing WR :eek: for the Cowboys than Laurant. His career is over.
  16. bark

bark Well-Known Member

1,883 Messages
    706 Likes Received
    Miles is more valuable to the cowboys than he would be to any other team at this stage of the season.
    He's not going anywhere esp with his hammys flaring up. I don't think he is valued around the league as much as our fans value him
    EMMITTnROY likes this.
  17. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

2,716 Messages
    990 Likes Received
    Lol, TO.
  18. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    What the heck... TO?

LMAO

Dude, he is done. smh
  19. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Miles can not be depended on to help with that situation.
  20. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Let's hope Miles hammy problems bother him as much as they did last year ... when he was 13th in the NFL in yards per target.
    Wheeltax likes this.