1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Livings/Bern

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Teague31, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,647 Messages
    1,114 Likes Received
    Its shocking to me that people act like Fred will be starting at G. The guy is a center. Has always been a center. Is going to be our center.

Smith - Livings - Fred - Leary - Free

That's what I would expect to see opening day. Whether it is our best five...who knows.
  2. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,432 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    You mean that one YouTube video? lol
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,768 Messages
    3,757 Likes Received
    He hasn't always been a Center, which is why people say it. But, I agree, he's probably going to always be a Center in the NFL.
  4. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

19,920 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    From what I've seen he moves alright as long as he doesn't have to sift through his own OL that are in the backfield.
  5. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,086 Messages
    782 Likes Received
    Great screen name BTW...

Fred played OG at Wisc as well so it's not like they are jerking him around at all. He is a smart player I don't think it will make much difference if he plays OG or OC. If I recall Costa did grade out the highest of all OL this season in the limited time he played and when he played against Balt he was pretty steller. 2 things give me hope about Costa 1. Smart Player 2. When he played last year he played pretty well. I am not saying I don't want Fred at center because I do I am just saying that if it comes down to those guys being 2 of the best we have let's get them on the field and play them together between Smith, Fred and Costa those 3 should be able to form a pretty solid line with smart guys on it.
  6. Thatkidbob

Thatkidbob Member

337 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Agreed, he definitely moves better under those circumstances.

My concern is that he struggles at times finding people to block when he's out in space. It's less of a problem the shorter the distance is.

I'm not saying its a show stopper, I'm just saying that it's not a strength of his.
  7. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

9,927 Messages
    2,820 Likes Received
    They played all 16 games.
  8. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,006 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    How dare you bring fact into this.
  9. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 RAWR

11,944 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    I would not be mad about that unless Livings is playing hurt and is only functioning at 80% or so...