1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Logan Thomas (VaTech) staying in school

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by ajk23az, Jan 15, 2013.

1. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,670 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Thank God! I didn't want anything to do with him this year as we was beyond awful all season. He might have the size and arm strength of a prototypical QB but that doesn't make up for awful decisions and extremely poor accuracy.
  2. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,316 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    Kid reminds me of a baby Jamarcus Russell
  3. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,100 Messages
    677 Likes Received
    Va Tech is pretty bad and I think Frank Beamer is too old to adapt. Thomas is going to struggle the same next year.

Not that I believe he has a great future or anything, but he's just going to rot another year in that Va Tech offense.
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,699 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    Accuracy and decision making ability issues. Maybe their new OC can straighten him out.
  5. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,965 Messages
    331 Likes Received
    Why is that? Russell didn't care about anything, Logan plays with heart. He certainly needs to make a number of improvements after this past season, but can't ignore his 2011 season.

One bad year does not make a trend. Virginia Tech was an at-large Sugar Bowl team one season ago. And the season prior to that was in the Orange Bowl with the ACC player of the year.

And also have to disagree about Frank being too old to adapt. He switched out two his long time assistants two seasons ago and now this season is clearing out three more on the offensive staff.

The Virginia Tech offense was putrid this season, but many of Logan's woes were due to very poor offensive line play. With that said he didn't do himself any favors by being so inaccurate.

But this off season Virginia Tech is hiring a new offensive coordinator, new well respected offensive line coach, and currently has a top 15 recruiting class. Beyond this years class, many of the recent coaching changes will have a direct positive effect on recruiting.
  6. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,965 Messages
    331 Likes Received
    That is certainly the hope, the new OC/QB Coach has worked with Tom Brady, Brian Griese, Drew Henson, Chad Henne, and Tim Tebow among others at the collegiate level. Beyond that, I hope the new OL coach can make a difference and the inexperienced skill position players have learned enough from this past season to make an impact.

From 2011 to 2012, the offense lost its two best WR's of all time, an all-ACC NFL first round pick RB, and 4 of the 5 starting offensive line.