1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Logan Thomas?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CowboyStar88, Aug 31, 2013.

1. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,086 Messages
    782 Likes Received
    I am not impressed with him at all. He just seems to make terrible decisions and doesn't seem to process information fast. You can have all the physical tools but if you don't have the smarts it really shows. I'm watching this game and his passes are low or over thrown or just flat out ugly. If playing Bama is to big for you then playing Sundays isn't going to be any better.
  2. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,223 Messages
    673 Likes Received
    Plus playing at VaTech isn't going to prepare you as a QB for the NFL. They may change coordinators from time to time, but they aren't good at producing NFL type QBs. I thought the idea of him leaving early after last season was silly. He needed more seasoning and now that may not even be enough based on his performance so far. He is a low draft pick, long term project at best.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,676 Messages
    1,540 Likes Received
    He seemed to have real potential two years ago, but did not progress...maybe even regressed.
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,676 Messages
    1,540 Likes Received
    The irony is....what good NFL QB has LSU or Alabama produced in the last 25 years?
    It's actually pretty rare.

As for VT, I can only think of Vick, though they have had others stay in the league as backups.
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,800 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    Kind of like last year you mean? He'll show up at the combine and throw the ball through a brick wall, and run a 4.4, and somebody take a flyer on him round 2 or 3.
  6. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,887 Messages
    608 Likes Received
    No way he runs a 4.4. He's fast for a 255 lb guy, but more likely in the 4.6-7 range. But you're right, he'll show of his cannon arm at the combine, along with his 6'6 frame, and some team will fall in love with him and take him much earlier than he should go. He's a good kid, so he's got that going for him, but no way is he franchise QB, nor will he ever be imo. Looks like a career backup.
  7. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,217 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Jamarcus Russell 2.0, except no one will get burnt this time taking him round 1 pick 1. I remember last year at this time the talking heads at espn had him projected as a top pick in 2013 draft.
  8. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,223 Messages
    673 Likes Received
    Not an accurate comparison. Thomas can at least run. Russell wasn't a mobile QB.
  9. Hailmary

Hailmary Active Member

2,236 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    He has the measurables to be a threat at TE.
  10. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,800 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    I think that was what he was recruited as.
  11. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,800 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    Logan Thomas | Quarterback
    Team: Virginia Tech Hokies
    Age / DOB: (22) / 7/1/1991
    Ht / Wt: 6'5' / 254
    [IMG]
    LATEST NEWS
    RECENT NEWS

Virginia Tech senior QB Logan Thomas completed 17 of 31 attempts for 200 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions against Western Carolina on Saturday.
    It is better than last week, but we still wouldn't call this good. Thomas has so much to work on, but will likely be drafted during May's third day... if not earlier. He is currently an undraftable passing talent, but scouts obsess over upside. Virginia Tech faces ECU next week. Sep 7 - 6:49 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/130739/logan-thomas
  12. Hailmary

Hailmary Active Member

2,236 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I have no idea what his hands are like and it'll take him a while to learn to run routes, but physically he shares a lot of similarities to Jimmy Graham. If he is willing to change positions, I'd gamble a 5th on him.
  13. IAmLegend

2,887 Messages
    608 Likes Received
    He's not changing positions. He's going to play QB, likely as a 3rd string, or backup at best.
  14. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,800 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    IAmLegend likes this.
  15. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,404 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    He reminds me of a less talented Josh Freeman.
  16. IAmLegend

2,887 Messages
    608 Likes Received
    He's a much better runner than Freeman. But both are big armed QB's who have trouble reading defenses and going through their progressions. Both lock onto their first target for too long. So there are similarities. I think Thomas' ceiling is a backup QB. He'd best fit in an offense like Arizona or Detroit imo where they like to really throw the ball down the field.