1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Logan Thomas

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by 4lifecowboy, Jan 30, 2014.

1. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,881 Messages
    247 Likes Received
    I've seen Thomas look like a top-ten talent and I've seen him look like a CFA. This year he threw a lot of balls high and a bunch in the dirt. Some team will look at him at the combine, though, and dream of Cam Newton. I bet he doesn't get out of the third round.

I'd definitely consider him in the 5th if he'd consider a position switch. He'd make a MONSTER tight end.
  2. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,487 Messages
    813 Likes Received
    Just what we need--another TE who can't block at the point of attack...
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,676 Messages
    1,492 Likes Received
    Cant play.
  4. VACowboy

3,881 Messages
    247 Likes Received
    I don't think anyone knows how Thomas blocks at the point of attack, or anywhere else. That's what the combine, pro days and workouts are for. We know he's an athletic freak who's a punishing runner with the ball in his hands. If he can run routes, catch the ball and, yes, block competently, he'd be as good a pick as any of the mid/late-round guys we've drafted recently.

I wouldn't take him in any round to play QB, but like I said, I'd consider him in the 5th if he'd play TE. He'd have a whole lot to prove between now and May.
  5. texbumthelife

3,487 Messages
    813 Likes Received
    I get what you're saying, and I know recent history doesn't speak in our favor when it comes to 5th round picks, but thats too much of a project for a round where lots of teams get contributors.

I agree, he would have to show an awful lot and to this point, he hasn't even shown a willingness to switch back to TE.
  6. VACowboy

3,881 Messages
    247 Likes Received
    Truthfully,, until I read this thread, Logan Thomas was about the LAST guy on my mind when considering the draft. But I'm tired of Richard Sherman and Peyton Manning. Gotta talk about SOMETHING!

I bet he'd switch if he thought it'd get him drafted. I think he'll blow up at the combine, though, and end up getting drafted before the fifth.
  7. texbumthelife

3,487 Messages
    813 Likes Received
    Haha brother I heard that--in regard to Peyton and Sherman.

I can't say it won't happen, but I will be absolutely shocked if he goes that early. I don't think he is as good an athlete as you do. He is absolutely no Cam Newton.
  8. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,953 Messages
    1,535 Likes Received
    I agree with this. He averaged 2.7 yards per rushing attempt in his career. He totaled 1358 rushing yards during his college career. Many QBs that run a bit in college gain that many yards in a single season. I think he is a good athlete, but I do not consider him a freakish athlete.