1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

LOL at the Chargers D

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Biggems, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,756 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    have the Ravens 4th and 29 and let a short dump off to Rice go for a 1st down.........if they stop the Ravens short, they can go into victory formation.....
  2. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,147 Messages
    229 Likes Received
    Looked like something the Cowboys would give up...three Chargers taking horrible angles and Rice just cutting to the left and bouncing it upfield :laugh2:

And oh yeah, Felix would've ran out of bounds 15 yards shy if he had the ball
  3. romomania

romomania Active Member

537 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    was it a block in the back on boldin?
  4. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,756 Messages
    125 Likes Received

probably, i am not sure, but if so, they sure would have called it against us. They call every single penalty against us.
  5. Novacek84

Novacek84 Well-Known Member

1,267 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    I'm sorry but these coaches are all way too conservative. Harbaugh had no thought to go for the win with a lot of time left. All these guys ever do is play for the tying FG. Hope BAL loses this as a result.
  6. coogrfan

coogrfan Well-Known Member

1,491 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    It should be pointed out that the refs did a terrible job of spotting the ball on the play. Rice needed to get to the SD 34, but the replays showed conclusively that when his knees touched the ball was just past the 35. i.e. a couple feet short of the 1st down. The original spot was all the way down to the SD 33; after it was reviewed it was moved back to the 33 1/2 yard line (a full yard past where it should have been).
  7. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,220 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    I had wondered about that, I only saw the highlight twice, but it looked pretty clear that he was short of the yellow line. I wondered if they reviewed it. Stupid refs.
  8. brucekr

brucekr Active Member

353 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    That was a ridiculous spot, not once, but twice.
  9. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,236 Messages
    1,173 Likes Received
    How do you not keep a spotter on Rice? He is only the biggest weapon on the Ravens offense.
  10. coogrfan

coogrfan Well-Known Member

1,491 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Note that the CBS orange line is about a foot off (the actual line to make was right at the SD 34). Nevertheless, it seems clear that ball should have been spotted a couple feet short of the 1st down.