1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

LOL..Giants could have the most dynamic attack in the division

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Gryphon, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    THIS IS A FANS OPINION: Sizing up the WR's in the NFC EAST
    JerseyJoe : 1:49 pm

With the shift to a passing league more and more each year the WR position has become more important than ever before. With that said one of the biggest X-factors across the NFC will be just that : the WR. What makes it doubly interesting is the bevy of very young and/or unproven WRs throughout the division. All teams have a legit #1 except perhaps the Skins (as Moss looks a step slower and winding down) but the big key I think in this era is how many teams have guys who are potential studs at #2 or #3 spots.

Philly: DeSean though young has already proven to be a stud and perhaps the best game breaking WR in the division. Now do the Eagles have another potential stud in Maclin? If so that tandem will be quite lethal and perhaps give the Iggles best passing attack in the division especially if Kolb is truly a good NFL QB (which unfortunately I think he will be).

Dallas: Miles Austin emerged just in time as T.O. looked to be past his prime and shipped out. Don't know if Roy will ever play up to his immense potential so the big X Factor here IMO is Dez Bryant. Does he stud right away giving the ******** two studs at WR this year?

Wash: Moss is a steady vet at this point who can get you an occasional big play but probably nothing more. Do their bevy of youngsters have a shot of becoming legit stud NFL recievers. I dont think so. I think they have the weakest WR corp out of all of us but perhaps Shanny with a legit NFL QB in McNabb can make them play better collectively and at least be adequate.

Giants: We were dealt a moderate blow with the loss of Hixon. He was a guy who though not a constant big play guy, was a guy that other teams had to respect for his speed.

However if Manningham makes the leap from inconsistent to more refined , we'll have perhaps stud WR in the fold. Manningham may have the best raw talent of all our guys but he seems a little slow to grasp our complex O. Further The route running needs work and the concentration lapses leading to quite a few drops. But if he puts it together this year he could be a great complement to Nicks and Smith and legit deep threat.

Nicks . Yes it's still early but he has flashed plenty. I think this guy has Boldin like potential and we are going to see it THIS year.

With Smith already proving he is a legit #1 (though not necessarily a deep threat game breaker type) We already have a pretty good passing game. If Manningham steps up, we could have the most dynamic attack in the division.
  2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,022 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    They play to far up north to ever have a better passing attack than us. Plus our receivers are flat out better on top of that.
  3. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Here is how they rank them:
    sharkly : 4:38 pm

1) Giants - with Smith, Nicks, MM, Boss [Hagan and Barden depth]
    2) Eagles - with Jackson, Maclin, Celek; drop with QB situation
    3) Boys - with Miles, Williams, Witten.
    4) Skins - trail with Moss, Thomas, Coolie; up with QB situation?
  4. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

6,068 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    Personally, I think we have three receivers (Austin, Williams, and Bryant) that are more talented than any receiver on the Giant's roster. Yes, I'm including Roy and Dez. I don't think there is any doubting their talent. Roy will kick it into another gear this year and although Dez is a rookie, I think everyone knows his potential. Talent-wise, we top the division. Performance-wise? We'll have to wait and see.
  5. Star4Ever

6,068 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    I think our receivers will also be made that much more potent because of our tight ends (best in the division) and our stable of versatile running backs (also tops in the division). We just have more weapons that the other teams in our division.
  6. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Rw has no talent cause its a dum word
  7. Star4Ever

6,068 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    Ah, what????
  8. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,564 Messages
    2,940 Likes Received
    Haha that was entertaining.
  9. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,861 Messages
    4,428 Likes Received
    Actually I agree. I think we are number two in the division depending on how Roy and Dez do. We could pass the Giants are even slide to third in the division. Roy needs to have a good year or Dez must step up. We could end the year with Austin, Dez and Crayton in the slot.
  10. rysko

rysko New Member

491 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Eagles = Cowboys (Cowboys will pass in game 1 of the season), Giants=Skins.. garbage all day long.
  11. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,022 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    I think we'll all be surprised with Roy Williams this year because expectations are so low.
  12. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Geography isn't really an issue. They just don't have the QB.
  13. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,532 Messages
    670 Likes Received
    I wonder how they would rank Romo in the division after this :laugh2:
  14. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd put down a stack of 100's that they'd trade one of their "top" WR's in a heartbeat for Dez if given the chance.
  15. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,465 Messages
    1,621 Likes Received
    Hixon was a MAJOR loss for the Giants passing game. Whoever wrote that is nuts.
  16. Cowboy Brian

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    if your talking giants? I'll trade Dez for Nicks no problem. and if your talking Eagles, ill trade Dez for Jackson, if your talking redskins ill keep dez :laugh1:
  17. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    You think Dez won't end up better than those two?
  18. Cowboy Brian

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Nicks showed something last year, i'll take a surer thing than a through in the dark even if the return would be less.

Jackson is an all-pro PR, and the best deepthreat wr in the game right now.

Yes i'd take those trades, and against popular opinion I don't hate Dez Bryant, just its getting insane that people are saying our 3rd WR in Dez is better than the Giants and Eagles potential elite WRs.

The NFC East is packed at the WR position, Miles, Nicks, Steve Smith, Jackson. 3 of the best young WRs in the league, a rookie isn't coming in and getting crowned #2, sorry guys :/
  19. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,465 Messages
    1,621 Likes Received
    You haven't noticed a trend in his posts about Dez. Just ignore it.
  20. Star4Ever

6,068 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    O.K., I'm gonna bite. Are you serious?