1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Looking at our next seven games

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboys=SuperBowl, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

4,359 Messages
    860 Likes Received
    I don't know where you learned math, but I think most people would consider a play that takes place with 21 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter to be "in the final minutes."
  2. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

12,102 Messages
    1,269 Likes Received
    Romo needs too much help to ever lead the Cowboys to a championship. To win a spotlighted game with him he has to be turned into a bus driver unfortunately you can't win if your QB can't make plays in the final minutes.
  3. KJJ

12,102 Messages
    1,269 Likes Received
    I don't remember that hesitated route happening in the final 21 seconds of the game.
  4. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,496 Messages
    2,904 Likes Received
    If you are looking for perfect games by a QB, I think you are going to be disappointed. Look around the league, how many QBs are having perfect games each week?

In all of those situations you named, has the running game helped out? Has the defense got a stop to get the ball back to the offense in good field position? What about special teams, wasnt there a return out to the 50 yard line that was called back from a penalty on special teams on the last drive against Denver? Dont you think the play calling would have been different at the 50 than at our own 15?

My point is that it is a team game and no one man can single handedly win the game. However, in all of these late game situations you have named, nobody else has stepped up to make any plays at all. It is totally on Romo to either win or lose us the game.

That is what the real problem with this team is and until that is fixed we are probably not going to win too much. Remember, John Elway never won a SB until a guy named Terrell Davis and his salute showed up.
    Cebrin and Red Dragon like this.
  5. Red Dragon

4,359 Messages
    860 Likes Received
    Cebrin likes this.
  6. Beast_from_East

15,496 Messages
    2,904 Likes Received
    Romo has won multiple division titles and a playoff game. Saying we cant win anything with him is just talking points repeated.

We may not have won a championship with him, but we have won important games..............games that won us division titles and even a playoff game............so to say we cant win with him is just flat out false.
    Cebrin and Red Dragon like this.
  7. Beast_from_East

15,496 Messages
    2,904 Likes Received
    It happened with 21 seconds left........................that is not in the final mins?
    Cebrin likes this.
  8. KJJ

12,102 Messages
    1,269 Likes Received
    He threw to Crayton in the corner of the end zone with 21 seconds remaining but I thought the play to Crayton where he hesitated happened earlier in the game. Regardless it's a play that can only be speculated on. We can speculate on a lot of plays that didn't go the Cowboys way throughout their history but it doesn't change the outcome. Only Cowboy FANS focus on those plays.
  9. Red Dragon

4,359 Messages
    860 Likes Received
    Nope, fans of the dozens and hundreds of other sports teams in the world do it too.
  10. KJJ

12,102 Messages
    1,269 Likes Received
    It's been 4 years since Romo won a division title and a playoff game he hasn't seen the playoffs since. The Cowboys have declined since then this current team is a lot further away than the teams Romo had in 07 and 09.
  11. Cebrin

Cebrin Well-Known Member

882 Messages
    490 Likes Received
    I already stated that to him and his response was Terrell Davis isn't in the HOF. Hahahahaha. No acknowledgement. He is a nominee each year. He'll get there.
  12. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

3,227 Messages
    2,121 Likes Received
    A lot of threads and posts on CZ are just downright hard to read. No perspective.

We are always either the best or worst team in the league.

People are about as nuanced as the talking heads they mock.
    Red Dragon likes this.
  13. KJJ

12,102 Messages
    1,269 Likes Received
    I'm referring to the Cowboys plays. Fans of other teams wouldn't even remember Crayton's hesitated route.
  14. Red Dragon

4,359 Messages
    860 Likes Received
    Why does it matter what other sports fans remember or don't remember about Cowboys plays, or care or don't care about?

Does their opinion figure into meaningful polls? Surveys that have a meaningful impact?
  15. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,743 Messages
    324 Likes Received
    I wonder how many of those teams are thinking the same about us... This isn't the 90's Cowboys when opposing teams would put an L next to their name playing against The Boys. These days the good teams put up a W, and the bad teams put up a ?.
  16. KJJ

12,102 Messages
    1,269 Likes Received
    Terrell Davis only had 4 good seasons and is 49th on the all-time career rushing list. He did nothing the final 4 years of his career. He'll never get voted into the HOF.
  17. Cebrin

Cebrin Well-Known Member

882 Messages
    490 Likes Received
    hahaha.
    Red Dragon likes this.
  18. KJJ

12,102 Messages
    1,269 Likes Received
    The teams that have beaten the Cowboys in big games could care less about plays that didn't go our way. All Cowboy FANS can do is sit around making excuses for Romo and why certain plays didn't go his way. My opinion has nothing to do with polls or what others think.
  19. Cebrin

Cebrin Well-Known Member

882 Messages
    490 Likes Received
    In seven seasons, Davis amassed 7,607 yards rushing, (with devastating injuries) which is more than 12 modern-era running backs already in the Hall of Fame.

On that list of Hall of Fame running backs Davis outran is Paul Hornung, Gale Sayers and former Bronco Floyd Little.

Davis was the MVP of Super Bowl XXXII, where he ran for 157 yards and three touchdowns, which is still a Super Bowl record.

Davis would go on to win the NFL MVP award the following season after rushing for 2,008 yards, one of only six men to ever break that barrier, and 21 touchdowns, which is tied for the sixth most in a season in NFL history. He also had 25 receptions that year for another two scores in one of the best individual seasons the NFL has ever seen.

He also ran for 12 touchdowns in the postseason in just eight playoff games. The only running backs who have more touchdowns in the postseason are Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas and Franco Harris, and they all played in more than twice the games Davis did.
  20. Cebrin

Cebrin Well-Known Member

882 Messages
    490 Likes Received
    Now i'm really done. I went ahead and ignored you because you're just like a midnight barking dog at this point. So, carry on.