1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Looking back, Gholston blames Gang Green

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by RS12, Aug 23, 2011.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,542 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    EMAIL PRINT FACEBOOK DIGG RSS SHARE
    08:02 AM ET 08.23 | Vernon Gholston burned a bridge on Monday. Gholston might have been an epic bust for the Jets, but he refuses to take all the blame. A seriously delusional Gholston doled out some of the fault to coach Rex Ryan and the Jets, too, saying last night he didn't get a fair shot in three wholly unproductive seasons with Gang Green. Now a backup defensive end trying to hang on with the Bears, Gholston -- he of zero sacks in 48 games as a Jet -- said after a 41-13 preseason loss to the Giants the deck was stacked against him when Ryan took over in 2009. "I heard how he was perceiving me before the [2008] draft, before he knew me, and I was the same way -- I wasn't hoping for him to be [my] first coach of the Jets when I was there, either," said Gholston.

New York Post

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_...back-gholston-blames-gang-green#ixzz1Vur3AHY8

:laugh2:
  2. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,624 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    Ok man. If that makes it easier for you to sleep at night that you've managed nothing, in the way of sacks, in 3 seasons then more power to you.
  3. Joshmvii

Joshmvii Cowboys baby!

2,656 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    If you can manage to get zero sacks in Rex Ryan's top tier defense for three years, you really need to look inward for any criticism. What a moron.