1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Looks like Carson Palmer is retiring

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by MonsterD, Jul 26, 2011.

1. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,685 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    Word from Marvin Lewis is that he(Palmer) will be filing his retirement soon.
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    The Bengals are easily one of the most pathetic franchises in the NFL right now.

This guy wants to play for a team that isn't a joke and they won't let him.
  3. MonsterD

3,685 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    Had to wait a while for a link

Link per Wes Bunting.
  4. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,692 Messages
    1,276 Likes Received
    Who cares. Palmer is part of the reason the team is a joke.
  5. Hoofbite

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    I disagree. That team signing convicts left and right and putting up with the antics of Ocho year in and year out is what makes them a joke.
  6. mldardy

7,692 Messages
    1,276 Likes Received
    Look at Palmer's play since 2007. It has been average at best. He's had two 20 INT seasons led the league in INT's in 07. He isn't the same qb he was before injuries. Blaming it on signing convicts is lame. What antics of Ochocinco affected Palmer's play?
  7. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,567 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    Can he retire then un-retire and play for whoever wants him? In the same year?
  8. MonsterD

3,685 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    No he has to wait the term of his contract before un-retiring. That or play for the Bengals. Might be a min wait period too like 3 years or something, I can't really remember.
  9. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,144 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    I believe he can retire and if they release his rights he can sign with a new team :)
  10. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,952 Messages
    1,533 Likes Received
    It isn't only that they sign convicts, they sign convicts that aren't that good. If you can't see how disruptive Chad Johnson is then you just aren't paying attention. And he isn't the only one. That franchise is full of disruptive players. I won't give Palmer a free pass. His play has taken a down turn, but he is not alone in the blame game or the biggest problem with that team.
  11. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,461 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    He is the AFC Interception King and needs to retire
  12. mldardy

7,692 Messages
    1,276 Likes Received
    My point isn't about the convicts. It's about Palmer and his play. He wasn't exactly elevating his play for his team hasn't been for a few years. You are blaming other factors when Palmer is just as much to blame. I love how Qb's like McNabb suck and it's all his fault but with Palmer it's everyone else's fault. Nope not buying it. He is a big problem why the Bengals haven't been good.
  13. Hoofbite

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    He doesn't want to play for Cincinatti......what does that have to do with how well he has played?

You're lumping a bunch of topics into one.

He wants out of that hell hole. The entire environment and management, coaching, he wants nothing to do with it.

Whether or not he can still play doesn't matter. He doesn't want to play for Cincinnati not because he has struggled, he doesn't want to play with them because the team is wreck.

And as far as Ohco's antics, it's just a pain in the *** to deal with not that it has hurt his play. I don't blame him for wanting out.
  14. CowboysFanSince88

4,461 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    I get your point but Mcnabb did STINK last year-lol Now if you want to say Mcnabb's play with the Eagles then I would defintelty go alomg with you.

Palmer on the otherhand hasn't been anything since his injury in 2006
  15. CowboysFanSince88

4,461 Messages
    194 Likes Received

But he is not good enough to go anywhere else and start-lol
  16. joseephuss

21,952 Messages
    1,533 Likes Received
    I think McNabb stunk last year and I also think the Redskins as a whole stunk. It wasn't all on McNabb, but he shoulders his share of the blame.

If your point wasn't about the convicts, then why did you bring them up? And I said Palmer is part of the problem. Did you miss that part? Even so, if they had a good QB they would still not be good because the franchise is a mess and a large part of that is Chad Johnson and the convicts. It is a bad organization.
  17. joseephuss

21,952 Messages
    1,533 Likes Received
    Nothing wrong with going somewhere else and being a back up. Many a veteran QB was lucky enough to end up as a back up on a contender. It is still good money and no matter what team will be a better environment than in Cincy.
  18. mldardy

7,692 Messages
    1,276 Likes Received
    LOL really? You are whining and crying about Palmer not wanting to play for a joke of a team when in fact he has been a joke himself. I don't see what is hard to understand about that but apparently you are having a hard time understanding that. Like Palmer is going to go somewhere else and light it up. Doubtful.
  19. mldardy

7,692 Messages
    1,276 Likes Received
    I didn't bring up. I was responding to another poster who brought it up.:bang2:

20. Hoofbite

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    You're missing the point.

It's not about how well he has done or may do, he just doesn't want to play for that team anymore.

And comparing his play to my statement about the team being a joke is simply arguing for arguments sake. Why I consider them a joke has nothing to do with the performance of the team and everything to do with mentality, environment and approach. The simple fact that he wants out of that environment should tell you that he isn't part of the reason why they are a joke on that front.