1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Looks Like Our Next Head Coach Knows What He's Doing...

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by CaptainAmerica, Sep 4, 2005.

1. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,027 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    [IMG]

[IMG]

...Ok, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but "Tuna, Jr." and his team looked pretty darn good in his debut last night. I've been saying this is the guy I want to follow Parcells 3 years from now after we capture #6 and #7. :D

Seriously, I do believe Weis is going to be a great HC and it will be interesting to see how much his absence affects Brady and the NE offense this year.
  2. NovaCowboy

NovaCowboy Benched

634 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We should have hired Weis 2 years ago instead of Parcells IMO.
  3. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He could be Parcells' younger brother. They have the same body, the speech is similar and they look related in the face.

And didn't they have some sort of falling out a few years ago?

Yep, they're brothers.
  4. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He is a great coach. I would love to get him! ND spanked Pitt yesterday, the offense had him written all over it....
  5. EveryoneElse

EveryoneElse Active Member

3,877 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would love for him to replace BP when BP retires. I just hope we can keep BP involved in the front office somehow.
  6. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    What does this have to do with the Cowboys?
  7. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,027 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    I'll let you work on figuring that out. :D
  8. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,987 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Yeah, but that was fairly recently patched up.
  9. IndianaCowboyFan

IndianaCowboyFan The Bullet

852 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You better wait to annoint him the ND savior until ND beats a decent team. Let's see how they do against Michigan, Purdue, USC and Tennessee.
  10. JakeCamp12

JakeCamp12 Well-Known Member

2,178 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    If we can be lucky enough to get a Charlie Weiss when Tuna retires, this franchise would be set for another decade.
  11. DLK150

DLK150 The Quiet Man

1,311 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Weis has said Notre Dame would be his last stop, and I don't know of any reason to doubt him either. I suppose it's possible he could coach again if he falters at ND and is let go, but that remains to be seen.
  12. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,635 Messages
    1,679 Likes Received
    I was just telling my brother that, Weis probably could have gotten the Offensive Coordinator job this year if he came down here and asked for it. I think there is a definite possibility that he takes over after Parcells. I don't see him leaving Notre Dame so quickly.

He is a better OC than Sean Payton. And has had a great deal of success. With our defense in place I think he could continue what I think will be winning seasons.

I'm still holding out for hopes that Jimmy Johnson comes back to us. I think if Nick Saban had continued coaching the Hurricanes instead of going for the Dolphins we would have gone after him too.

Jones might go after Pete Caroll, but after his lack of success taking over Parcells team in the past... I don't know...

I think the top college coaches who could be our next coach are:

Mack Brown - Texas Longhorns coach

I was thinking that Lloyd Carr might be a possibility, but I don't really know how his relationship is with Henson anymore.
  13. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,341 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    No way Mack Brown will be the coach of the Cowboys unless the NFL starts recruiting and quits drafting.
  14. SALADIN

SALADIN Jumper

1,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm hoping for Herman Edwards or Bill Cower.
  15. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Weis would be great, but I have a feeling he'll be at Notre Dame for a long time.

An outstanding college coach is Kirk Ferentz at Iowa. He has some NFL experience, too.

Jeff Tedford at Cal is the other college coach I think would do well in the NFL.

Pete "Rah, Rah" Carroll is perfect for the college game. He's basically a male cheerleader.

Mack Brown ... I just don't see him cutting it in the NFL at all.
  16. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,845 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    as an NCAA headcoach - mack brown is very ordinary on gameday. he's an ace recruiter. that is his strength - ala switzer.

he's just not NFL calibre.
  17. KevinU

KevinU Active Member

360 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    Looks Like Our Next Head Coach Knows What He's Doing...

He only has three superbowl rings to count. If he had four, then he might be something special. LOL Anyways, I left the NFL to bring home a natonal championship to Notre Dame. I hope he does some day. Best of luck, Tuna Jr.
  18. DLK150

DLK150 The Quiet Man

1,311 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    He does have four. 1 with the Giants, 3 with the Patriots.
  19. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

42,059 Messages
    1,854 Likes Received
    I cannot believe that anyone would think that Mack Brown, renowned as someone who can out-recruit anyone and outcoach NO ONE, would EVER be considered for a pro job.
    Ferrentz would be my pick- in 2 years.
  20. chicago JK

chicago JK Well-Known Member

1,610 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    I don't think Weis is going anywhere until he rebuilds ND. This is his dream job. Went to school there and watched ND play from the stands. I am sure he gets offers from the NFL if he has success but I see him staying at ND for at least 10 years if he has success.