1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Looks like Reid to the Cardinals

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by RS12, Jan 1, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,139 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
  2. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,098 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Makes sense. No wonder he was so happy, he knew there were a lot of decent jobs opening up so he can land on his feet. Arizona has a lot of holes but it's stil the 2nd or 3rd best job after Chicago. A lot better than Oakland, KC, Cleveland
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,139 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    Working for the Bidwells not a good job IMO. I will say the Cardinals are a QB away from being competitive.
  4. kjcmeb

kjcmeb Active Member

100 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Damn....I thought that he was going to be our OC. :D

Per PFT:

A day after he was fired by the Eagles, Andy Reid may be close to getting another head-coaching job.

Tim Ring, the sports director at KTVK-TV in Arizona, is reporting that the Cardinals are very close to hiring Reid as their next head coach.

Other reports have also suggested that Reid is the favorite to land the Cardinals job. Jason La Canfora of CBS and Mike Jurecki of XTRA are among those who have reported that Reid is expected to land the job.

The Cardinals are believed to be interviewing their own defensive coordinator, Ray Horton, today. Horton is a minority, so that interview would satisfy the requirements of the Rooney Rule and leave the Cardinals free to make their hire. If they’re only interviewing Horton for that reason, then the Cardinals are violating the spirit of the Rooney Rule, but they wouldn’t be violating the letter of the rule and would therefore be in the clear with the league office.

If Reid gets the job in Arizona it would reunite him with quarterback Kevin Kolb, who has been a major disappointment since Reid traded him from Philadelphia to Arizona. Cardinals President Michael Bidwill has said he still believes Kolb can be an effective starter, and Bidwill may see Reid as the coach to make that happen.
  5. dwight

dwight Active Member

934 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    I hope he gets it. Very good coach. Just never the same when Johnson passed away, Reids defense went down after that.
  6. Blue Eyed Devil

Blue Eyed Devil Active Member

474 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Love that the Eagles are in turmoil and will be in turmoil for a long time.

I'm not afraid of Reid, I think he's an above average coach but don't mind that he's still in the conference. We know how to beat him if we face his team in the playoffs.
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,139 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    Scott Wright ‏@DraftCountdown
    If Andy Reid ends up with #Cardinals I'd love to see #NCState QB Mike Glennon in Arizona. Just the type of quarterback guru Glennon needs.
    Expand
  8. dwight

dwight Active Member

934 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    I think Reid is 17-11 against the Cowboys.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ReidAn0.htm
  9. Blue Eyed Devil

Blue Eyed Devil Active Member

474 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    And the Eagles were more talented than the Cowboys for the most of those games. They had Donovan McNabb, we had Quincy Carter. They had Brian Westbrook, we had Julius Jones.

I think that 17-11 has a lot more to do with Tom Heckert being a much better at building a roster than Jerry Jones was.
  10. dwight

dwight Active Member

934 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    Add Tom Modrak to the Eagles being successful during those days as well. I was happy when he left the Eagles.

I really wanted Tom Modrak to be in the Cowboys front office.
  11. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,790 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    CBS Sports' Jason LaCanfora expects ex-Eagles coach Andy Reid to end up as the next head coach of the Cardinals.

KTVK-TV in Phoenix is reporting the Cardinals are "very close" to hiring Reid, which has been confirmed by beat writer Mike Jurecki. Team president Michael Bidwill isn't willing to give up on inconsistent oft-injured QB Kevin Kolb, who tutored under Reid in Philadelphia.

A Reid hire could end up costing the Cardinals DC Ray Horton. Jurecki hears that Reid could reunite with ex-Browns GM Tom Heckert, which could lead to the exit of VP of player personnel Steve Keim as well. LaCanfora confirms that Horton is interviewing with Cardinals ownership on Tuesday before interviews with Buffalo and Cleveland.

Source: Jason LaCanfora on Twitter
  12. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,047 Messages
    69 Likes Received

Yeah not sure why he didn't go to Chicago.
  13. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,682 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    I think Arizona is a better fit for Reid and the way he will want to run the team...like someone else said, they just need a QB and he can manage with Kolb untill he gets someone better. Chi is built to a different system than what Reid would want.
  14. CowboysFanSince88

4,047 Messages
    69 Likes Received

Or maybe he just wants to avoid working in another big city where there is pressure from the fans and media. That won't be the case in Arizona
  15. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,681 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    bad choice for Reid if you ask me, he should go for SD
  16. CowboysFanSince88

4,047 Messages
    69 Likes Received

Lower expectations in Arizona and a smaller market.
  17. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

974 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    True, he would probably get a longer leash in Arizona. His reputation would buy him extra time to make it work in a franchise used to losing. But San Diego isn't that far off from that, and they have better pieces to probably get a championship. (i.e. QB)
  18. CowboysFanSince88

4,047 Messages
    69 Likes Received

I had no idea Jeffery Lurie and the eagles gave Andy Reid a going away party lol
  19. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,790 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    Reid's wife has family in Phoenix so I bet that played a role in the decision.
  20. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,235 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    He should be able to trade Kolb back to the eagles for McCoy and their #1