1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Losing with class

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by muck4doo, Feb 3, 2013.

1. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Whiners refuse to go out and talk to the media. Winning with class indeed. They could have at least congratulated the Ravens.
  2. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,405 Messages
    2,128 Likes Received
    Yea, Harbaugh throwing his clipboard and headset about 15 times during the game was classy as well. Dude needs to get his emotions in check, acting like a 14 yr old girl everytime something goes wrong is just embarrassing.

He needs to be more like Garrett, every time something goes wrong (usually most of the game for us), he just stares at his playsheet, moves mic away from mouth, spits, then places mike back in front of mouth and continues to stare at playsheet.

:laugh2:
  3. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Hah, I had the mental imagery go right through my head as I read it.
  4. brucekr

brucekr Member

347 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Losing a superbowl, I dunno that I'd wish that on any team. No matter how bad you hate football teams, watching them after the defeat is horrible, especially if you've ever played a down of football in your life. I cannot stand the 49ers, but watching Navorro Bowman sit on the bench after the game, I dunno how to feel any animosity toward someone in that state. My heart goes out to them. I don't think I'd be up for having a camera and microphone stuffed in my face asking questions that were too real too soon.
  5. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Active Member

845 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    Yeah that was pretty rough shot. The confetti falling all around him as he sat alone
  6. muck4doo

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Being around Whiner fans and their gloating for almost 30 years I relished it. :lmao2:
  7. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,047 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    I don't know about you but when the Steelers lost at Cowboys Stadium, and when the Eagles lost some years back, I found happiness in their defeat.
  8. brucekr

brucekr Member

347 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I understand, but at the same time, it's sort of ironical that you lack the sportsmanship that you accuse the 49ers of lacking.

I dunno, I'm guilty of the same thing at times with the Oregon Ducks. I hate that program more than even the Eagles or Giants, and LMJ fumbling tonight made my heart smile loudly even if only to myself.
  9. muck4doo

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    I wish they had asked me for an interview on behalf of the Whiners. :D
  10. brucekr

brucekr Member

347 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Yes, but the players don't cry during the national anthem of those games. The superbowl is what all of us played for at recess as kids. It's such a rare accomplishment to even get to suit up for one, let alone play in it. To not identify with the agony of defeat for the individuals (not the organization), I dunno, maybe I'm just being a softy tonight. But I feel their pain. I feel the pain of the 49er fans that spent 10k taking another family member with them only to watch their team fall. Damn, that's a lot to invest in one game, but to go home with that empty feeling. It's the pain of being a fan of the game...
  11. CrownCowboy

CrownCowboy Active Member

434 Messages
    152 Likes Received
    My heart doesn't go out to any 49er. My heart doesn't go out to that organization in any form or fashion.

They got what they deserved and my only beef with what happened tonight is that it couldn't of ended up 20 times worse than it actually did.
  12. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,240 Messages
    740 Likes Received
    I understand why most Cowboys fans are frustrated with Garrett in general, but I love the fact that he keeps his emotions in check throughout the course of a game. You lead by example and the message he's sending the team by behaving this way is to never get too high or too low... served us well with all the comebacks and near-comebacks we had this season.

Jim Harbaugh is the complete opposite of that. Acts like a huge crybaby and that trickles down to his team. Probably helps them at times to "play with emotion" but you also don't want to be so emotional that you lose your focus at times.
  13. MissouriCowboy

MissouriCowboy Active Member

408 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Jim Harbaugh is a sore loser. I have way more respect for his brother.
  14. crazytown41

crazytown41 Well-Known Member

1,125 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    All Jim did at the post game press conference was whine about the refs and last call. He was at the 4yd line and passed 4 times. Blame your playcalling you whiny baby.

No wonder Pete Carroll can't stand him.
  15. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,481 Messages
    165 Likes Received
    Given the final play of their drive, I think it's understandable WHY he'd be Sore at how that all ended. He has a legit gripe that should have been flagged & the drive continued.
  16. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,449 Messages
    770 Likes Received
    I'm glad as an avid NFL follower, to see so many of you in touch with your feelings....:spanking:
  17. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,924 Messages
    1,307 Likes Received
    I certainly didn't mind seeing that.

I was super happy as a matter of fact.
  18. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,634 Messages
    3,355 Likes Received
    I commend you on your sportsmanship. You can admire and marvel at the play of individual members of a team while you despise the team and hope for its defeat. I completely understand that. I can still remember sitting alone after a defeat and the memories flood back as if it we're yesterday and they are not fond memories. Not a SB to compare but it sure did sting.

I can't tell you how happy I was to see SF lose. I also noticed the joy of some of the winners as well as the agony of others. It's what makes it such a great game.

Screw SF though.
  19. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,759 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    All the while neglecting the fact that his center did a world class holding job on that play...

Crabapple wasn't catching that ball in bounds anyway...
  20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,460 Messages
    1,653 Likes Received

I like it. It's better than losing and being stuck up and classy.

Keep it real. It's an emotional game. As long as he isn't doing anything too crazy than by all means spike your headset.

It's better to have some type of presence on the sideline vs none at all like our coach.