1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Losing with class

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by muck4doo, Feb 3, 2013.

1. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,888 Messages
    2,059 Likes Received
    I was just doing football teams.

I actually used to like the Yankees. The 70's teams and then all the way to the end of Don Mattingly's career. It was the Jeffrey Maier play that changed it all, plus have just never liked any of their players since Mattingly played.

But yeah, now you can add the Skankees to the list and their fans are a big part of it. Prob add Pink Hat Nation (Red Sux) to it as well, primarily because of their fans.
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,885 Messages
    7,626 Likes Received
    I thought it was a well-called game, too. If both sides are complaining, that's usually a pretty good sign.
  3. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,598 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    It reminded me a bit of playoff hockey overtime -- the refs really don't want to decide the game so they don't sweat the little stuff
  4. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,347 Messages
    1,391 Likes Received
    I don't mind it in a game.

After the game, you should be able to show some class. Why we keep making excuses for those who can't. You don't think the Ravens ever got any bad calls? How about when they lost in the AFC Championship game last year when their kicker couldn't make a chippy?

They took it on the chin and congratulated the Patriots for being the better team.

Sometimes in life you have to do things you don't want to do. But you do them to show what type of person you are.

YR
  5. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,513 Messages
    801 Likes Received
    The image I have of Jim is as a little kid he is playing Monopoly with John and Joani and when he loses the board goes flying across the room.
  6. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,186 Messages
    2,027 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

I am honored.
  7. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,888 Messages
    2,059 Likes Received
    There is no other play that better personifies Jeter's entire career than that fraud homerun Jeffrey Maier play.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,186 Messages
    2,027 Likes Received

Clearly, you've been very limited in how much of Jeter's career you have been able to watch. That's good try thou.

;)
  9. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,906 Messages
    1,371 Likes Received
    Personally I have no issue with the 49ers being upset with losing. I don't blame them at all.

I also don't feel bad for them in any way. They had their shot and they didn't get it done. Boohoo. I'm not shedding any tears for their missed oppurtunity.

As for missed calls...oh brother. Who gives a crap? There are missed calls in litterally every single game. The Cowboys get screwed by missed calls too. Everyone in the league does.

Could they have called holding on that final pass? Absolutely. They also could have called Crabtree for pushing off as well. But I guess people like to ignore that part of it so they can blame the refs for the 49ers blowing their shot.

On top of that the 49ers and their fans should feel damn lucky that a power outage saved them in the first place because with out that the Ravens had all the momentum and they were about to simply be blown right off the field in one of the more lopsided Superbowls ever.

So, no, I don't feel any sort of sympathy for the 49ers and their loss.