1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

LOST Treaty? The UN takin' ovah?

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by superpunk, Oct 17, 2007.

1. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Just an opinion piece, don't know much about it.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/RebeccaHagelin/2007/05/18/sovereignty_at_stake_losing_under_a_%E2%80%9Clost%E2%80%9D_treaty?page=2
    Told ya so, burm. ;)

2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,109 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I am more and more disapointed in Bush. He is drifting farther and farther from the conservative way. I guess its a disease in Washington- always surround by moronic liberals- it obviously is catching.
  3. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,844 Messages
    854 Likes Received
    This is all set up so we can stop footing the bill for the UN.

It's a pretty big blow to free enterprise.

I think I would be against this.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,704 Messages
    2,730 Likes Received
    If you are going to point the blame...might as well be honest with the pointing.

Neo-Cons have ruined the Republican party.
  5. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,844 Messages
    854 Likes Received
    no, surely it cant be the neo-cons who drove gw bush from complete nobody( he didnt have the military record, the education, or the public service to match his dad but why should that matter...) to the white house... it is Michael Moore's fault.

Someone read Bush Moore's works as his nighttime reading and he turned liberal....

:lmao:
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,704 Messages
    2,730 Likes Received
    Well they don't call Carl Rove Turd Blossom because he was dealing with polished Diamonds.:D
  7. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  8. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,995 Messages
    1,014 Likes Received
    i think the extremes on both ends are screwing things up. i'd have to read more about this but lord allmighty - just END THE UN and let's move on.
  9. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,844 Messages
    854 Likes Received
  10. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,607 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    This may not be completely on topic, but the government is really making some big mistakes IMO with how we interact with the rest of the world.

Just certain things tend to suggest that we will be moving away from being our own sovereign nation in the distant future.

This stuff, along with the UN and EU's gaining power... but probably the most alarming thing I have seen in years was handed down in a Supreme Court opinion last year I believe.

There was some guy who was I believe on death row for something he did as a juvenile. There were a few justices who relied on the way other countries dealt with this issue, and overturned the death penalty decision on that basis.

Now I've admittedly left out a lot of details, and I'm not saying I support putting juveniles to death... but when our Supreme Court, who is solely supposed to interpret our laws and our Constitution, starts deciding cases based on international precedent, that worries me.

Sorry if this is off topic. Just my buck o five.
  11. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    I mentioned the US (and the rest of the world) moving towards eventually, in some scenario, putting it's fate in the hands of the UN in the future before I knew about any of this. Burm didn't believe me. ;)

With the formation of the organization, I half-see this outcome as inevitable. These nations formed the UN for a purpose that it doesn't appear to be serving right now. Eventually, they'll want the UN to save them from themselves.
  12. burmafrd

41,109 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I don't doubt at all the Liberals trying to put us under the UN some time. I just hope there are enough people with stones to put them under 6 Ft of dirt.
  13. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Why just the liberals? If it happens, I'd have to say that politicians in general would be behind it, and that a large percentage of America would be supportive.
  14. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received

Yeah--

Never point blame at yourself. As most Republicans would agree, it's never really your fault.
  15. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    :lmao::lmao2:
  16. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    :lmao::lmao2:

I'm sorry for the triple post, but you two are on a roll.
  17. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,978 Messages
    1,553 Likes Received
    I think the UN is a complete Joke. You have mass killings taking place in places like Darfur and they can't even agree that this is mass genocide. UN is showing they are no better than the League of Nations that it replaced.
  18. burmafrd

41,109 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Super, show me where a LARGE PERECENTAGE of Americans would welcome coming under UN control.
  19. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    burm - show me where I said that a large percentage of Americans would welcome coming under UN control. (as a surety, not just speculation.)

It's not a study, it's a feeling. You're smart enough to get that.
  20. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,844 Messages
    854 Likes Received
    I can't say I disagree with you here but I do still want a UN.
    They need to babysit Saddam and Darfur not the USA.

I am for aspects of LOST in that it says open sea not governed by a country belongs to the UN. Why? Because it means they can make their own money and stop asking us to support the UN.

All that said there needs to be provisions for areas close to countries that belongs to that country.

As is a Chinese ship could park 100 miles off one of our coasts and dig up a confederate warship and claim its loot.

This isn't as cut and dried as presented in extreme neo-con blogs. Then again nothing ever is. (and yes far left blogs are just as much a morass of one-sidedness; even if they tend to make me laugh more and are less gestapo-minded)