1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

lots of draft rumors

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by jblaze2004, Apr 27, 2011.

1. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,917 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    got this from another forum

Quote:
    Was just told: "San Francisco loves Jake Locker. Willing to take Locker over Gabbert." Interesting

http://twitter.com/#!/ShawnZobel_DHQ/status/62903828290351104

Quote:
    Jason La Canfora of NFL.com reports that there is a divide among the Titans’ coaching staff as to whom Tennessee should draft with the eighth overall selection.

The defensive coaches want Nick Fairley.

The offensive coaches want Andy Dalton.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-coaching-staff-divided-on-no-8-overall-pick/

Quote:
    My projected top 4 on 49ers draftboard remains: Peterson, Dareus, Miller, Amukamara. Not feeling confident 49ers like Gabbert or Quinn at 7.

http://twitter.com/#!/MaioccoCSN/status/62932938513330176

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.gcobb.com/2011/04/26/espn-report-eagles-trying-to-move-up-in-first-round/

Quote:
    ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the Philadelphia Eagles are one of six teams trying to trade up in the draft. I think they’re trying to trade up to get one of the top two cornerbacks

TrojanMan217 wrote:
    That titans rumor is making me nervous. That has to be a trade down scenario in order to get Dalton

Tennessee is apparently split between Dalton and Fairley at 8.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-coaching-staff-divided-on-no-8-overall-pick/

According to this source, the Browns have expressed high interest in obtaining two certain players in the first round of this year’s NFL Draft. If the Browns can draft the first player they are interested in with the No. 6 pick and the other player is still available at the No. 12 pick, the two teams plan to make the deal.

While the complete terms of the deal were not discussed; the current talks are centered around the Vikings sending their No. 12 pick in the first round to Cleveland for the Browns' 2012 first round pick and their No. 37 overall pick in the second round of the 2011 Draft.

http://www.nationalfootballauthority.com/2011/04/2011-nfl-draft-cleveland-browns-and_26.html

@McShay13
    Bengals D-Line coach spotted flying out of Mobile, AL. Home of DT Nick Fairley. Possible trade down option? Or possibility at No. 4 overall?

Brian23 wrote:
    Sadly, lotta talk about Redskins moving up to number 2 now for Gabbert.

Something happened in the last 3 days and instead of taking our consolation prize in Quinn, we've got the option of Gabbert. I'm thinking Elway cut Shanny some kind of deal as we will apparently be holding on to the number 41 pick to do it.
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    Locker is interesting. Had he come out last year, he would have been a top 10 pick and possibly top 5.
  3. canters

canters Active Member

1,797 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Quote:
    [ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the Philadelphia Eagles are one of six teams trying to trade up in the draft. I think they’re trying to trade up to get one of the top two cornerbacks

This is interesting. They would have to give a bunch to get PP, less to get Prince.
  4. jblaze2004

8,917 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    exactly they would have to bet the farm on him. They might just have to settle for Prince but he would still have to give up a bunch for him too. their first this year and a first next year at the least.
  5. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,687 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    Ahhhhhhh love the rumors before the draft !! It would take these teams alot to jump into the top 10 which truthfully I do not see happening. I can see the eagles jumping up to around 12-15 for Jimmy smith or prince but the Vikings or the texans rumors or Atlanta. They'd have to pull a Ricky williams
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,318 Messages
    4,650 Likes Received
    I wonder if CB Smith is on the Eagles board or in the box.

The reason I ask this is if they still have him on their board it would be cheaper (pick wise) to get him than to try and move all the way up to get Peterson or Prince.

If they have Smith rated close to either one of those guys for his on the field play and are not as concerned about his off the field issues...might make more sense for them to grab him.

They were talking about andy and the eagles either this week or this past weekend and how he is know for moving a great deal if there is a player that he really likes. They also talked about how they thought he might like smith and that maybe smith would do will there due to a strong coaching staff and locker room. Of course that might have just been them just filling some air time but who knows.
  7. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,868 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    I don't think Philly moves up. They probably will stay put and take Jimmy Smith.
  8. jblaze2004

8,917 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    is dat tweety bird in your avatar...lol:laugh2:
  9. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received

Not really... Their 1st and Kolb to get Buffalo's pick would probably do it.
  10. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,689 Messages
    432 Likes Received
    Anyone else get the feeling there's going to be al kinds of action before we pick and Jerry is going to be left out of all of it? We will be stuck at #9 with noone left looking to trade up, Peterson and Smith will be gone, and we'll be forced to reach for Costanzo or Watt.
  11. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    That is if they can trade Kolb. that is still up in the air, isn't it?
  12. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,868 Messages
    228 Likes Received

If Smith is gone, I think what is making people want to trade up is still on the board. Julio Jones.
  13. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,344 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Dalton would be a safer pick than Fairley, (for the Titans) but I don't think Dalton is going to help you much this year.

Dalton is smart and can learn fast and will work really hard for you, but the leap he will have to take will be huge switching from his college offense to the pros (the offense and the defense)) will be huge.
  14. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

but that kid's rap sheet is........brutal. Kinda hope they do take him. It worked out with Vick, but this kid has been in trouble more than Vick ever was. Philly still SUCKS btw.:laugh1: