1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Lots of speculation RG3 has a torn ACL

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Zordon, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,580 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    yes.

:laugh2:

yes.
  2. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,033 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I'm no doctor or team executive, but I'm pretty certain that he will NOT be playing in the Pro Bowl.
  3. bigE79

bigE79 Active Member

2,414 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who cares...do you think a skins forum is all worried about Dez's back or Sean Lee's toe or any other injury the cowboys had? I doubt it
  4. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,951 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    If you don't care then why are you reading this thread ;)
  5. justcheckinuout

justcheckinuout Member

39 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have been flaming mad at shanny for not pulling Rg3 out yesterday, if you didnt see the game it was obvious he was hurt after the second TD. Rg3 told Shanny at half time he was ok and could still play. Shanny should have known that Rg3 isnt going to take himself out. The start of third quarter all the signs where there Rg3 was not even at 50% Mike should have pulled him out then. Very bad move on Shanny and RG3 both for not doing the right thing. Its one thing to be a warrior but another just to be ignorant. The bad snap in fourth quarter sealed Rg3's knee, it bent sideways. From a skins fan stand point all you can do is hope Rg3 can recover and Mike will never let him play again hurt like that. Rg3 needs to learn to know when enough is enough as far as injurys goes. Guess more evaluations will come tomorrow ...fingers crossed its not as bad as it seems. On another note Im very suspicious that Mike and Rg3 both knew that knee was more than a sprain ...was it really worth it to risk ending a career like that Damn!!
  6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,169 Messages
    2,235 Likes Received
    I know.
    We play that final game without 5 of our very best run defenders, and all I ever hear is "no excuses".
  7. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,315 Messages
    2,149 Likes Received
    Taken from another board

First post -

"Redskins QB Robert Griffin III has torn his ACL and PCL according to sources of WRIC-ABC in Richmond. WRIC also reports that he will not be able to play for a minimum of 14-18 months."

Subsequent post - opinion of poster

Okay, I asked around my "sources". WRIC did indeed report that, but, they quickly recanted and subsequently deleted the story.

Here's what is known as fact. RG3 is going to Atlanta to be evaluated by Dr James Andrews. Dan Snyder is going along with him. The "official" report is the MRI today was "inconclusive" due to RG3s previous ACL tear on the same knee while at Baylor.

Now, that could mean one or two things. One, it could mean just what it says and the tests were inconclusive.
    Or, Two, the MRI done today did indicate a probable tear in the ACL and PCL, but, they want a second opinion.

I know nothing of this, nor have i seen the original story. However, found this interesting.

As I said on that board, I am not for any player getting hurt, ours or theirs.

But...

If this is the Football Gods taking revenge on Shanahan for teaching the chop block to his players over the years, well it's a shame for RG III but Shanny deserves it.

If this is an inappropriate thread since it is speculation please do what you will with this.
  8. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  9. Romo2Dez4six

Romo2Dez4six Touchdown!!!!

2,010 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    i seen the story then they took it off real fast. who knows which way to think lol
  10. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,315 Messages
    2,149 Likes Received
    Sorry, didn't see it.
  11. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,746 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    found this somewhere....hopefully it uploads

crap it wont upload....

it was RGIII......spelled using a wheel chair for the G.....:D
  12. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,579 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    Pretty sure it wouldn't take that long to recover (if he really did tear is ACL and PCL).
  13. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Shanahan might be in big trouble for this.
  14. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,599 Messages
    480 Likes Received
    What makes RGIII so great is what he can do with his legs, if you take those away from him you have an average pocket passer.

My grandfather coached his whole life and is a real old school dude but understands the position is changing. He said he'd rather have Cam Newton than RGIII because one of them is going to not miss any games and the other is going to spend the majority of his career on the injury list. I said why is that? He said 'Because one is built like a football player, the other is built like a track star. Give me the football player all day.'

This was before the draft last year, old man obviously still has it.
  15. WG5516

WG5516 New Member

1,054 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Reports here in DC are that he PARTIALLY tore his LCL & ACL.
  16. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,642 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    whoa, looking at how his knee just gave out, I thought it was going to be a full tear of something. Partial ACL tears, Im reading on the internetz, take about 6 weeks to heal.

RGIII got very fortunate.
  17. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,547 Messages
    980 Likes Received
    That really doesn't mean much. Partial could be really minor or as bad as a complete tear from the surgery standpoint
  18. justcheckinuout

justcheckinuout Member

39 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    DR. andrews will go in and scope the knee tomorrow thats why Rg3 is flying down. Think thats the only way to be sure how much damage is done or not done.
  19. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.......is flying down with him. Jeez the DRAMA. Wonder if bob will wear that cute yellow hair band he wore in his post game presser yesterday? :lmao2:
  20. daboyzareback

daboyzareback Member

75 Messages
    0 Likes Received