1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Louis Nix enters draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Dec 7, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,149 Messages
    1,129 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    Louis Nix | Defensive Tackle
    Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish
    Age / DOB: (22) / 7/31/1991
    Ht / Wt: 6'3' / 340
    [IMG]
    LATEST NEWS
    RECENT NEWS

Notre Dame junior NT Louis Nix III has signed with an agent and will declare for the draft, according to Liz Mullen.
    Nix sign with 5 Star Athlete Management agents Todd France and Brian Ayrault. The junior will not play in the school's bowl game due to season ending Mencius surgery, an injury he played on for a good portion of the season. His play was down a bit in 2013, and that can partially be attributed to tendinitis, but we still remember the Vince Wilfork-like flashes from 2012. He shines as a one or zero technique. Dec 7 - 10:04 AM
    Source: Liz Mullen on Twitter
  2. Marc999

Marc999 New Member

7 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Gotta take this guy if he's available. He could give us great production at the one-technique. He stops the run, which we desperately need, and he pushes the pocket. He'll make whoever our 3-technique is way better.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,149 Messages
    1,129 Likes Received
    Run defense instantly improves if he is drafted. Knee injuries on a guy that big are worriesome though.
  4. XxTDxX

XxTDxX Active Member

739 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    Would be a perfect pick for us.. Rare blend of size and quickness
  5. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

3,103 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    Seriously doubt he's available when we pick. Would be shocked.
  6. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,033 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    He's a top 10-15 pick easily...
  7. JeffInDC

JeffInDC Well-Known Member

1,000 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Could you imagine the 6'2", 340+ Nix at the 1T with either a 6'3", 300 lb. Kelcy Quarles or 6'1", 300 lb. Will Sutton next to him at the 3? Could be a dominate combo for years.

By the way, I choose Sutton over Aaron Donald from Pitt because he looks like the bigger I the 2. I just have this suspicion that Donald is going to measure no taller than 5'11" and weigh in the 275-280 lb. range at the Senior Bowl and Combine while Sutton is going to be in that 6004 to 6010 range and a legitimate 290-300.
  8. Marc999

Marc999 New Member

7 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    A Nix/Quarles combo would be a dream come true.
  9. JeffInDC

JeffInDC Well-Known Member

1,000 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Nix would prove (if consistently healthy of course) that you don't need a ton of sacks to be a huge presence in disrupting the passing game. Just like Star is doing in Carolina. Quarles would ALWAYS see 1-on-1 match ups in this scheme.
  10. Marc999

Marc999 New Member

7 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    A Nix-Quarles-David Yankey/Xavier Sua-Filo/Tre Jackson would be the best first three rounds of the draft we could hope for. That won't be enough flash for jerry though. He'll probably draft a tight end somewhere in there.
    ceerrece likes this.
  11. XxTDxX

XxTDxX Active Member

739 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    I find it hard to believe that the Cowboys would go DT/DT in the first 2 rounds but nothing is impossible I guess.. Not saying I am against it but I doubt they do it.. There are a lot of positions in play for the first 3 rounds.. DT/OT/OG/CB/S/WR/RB/OLB all possibilities
  12. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,608 Messages
    4,163 Likes Received
    It won't be those 2 players. Nix will go before the Cowboys 1st round pick and Quarles will go before their 2nd round pick, IMO.

The late 1st through the 2nd round looks really good for OL in this draft.
  13. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,962 Messages
    556 Likes Received
    Love everything about him.

The knee injury is a little confusing though. Is his knee in worse shape then made to believe? Or did he simply decide to just sit out because he knew he was going to be a 1st round pick regardless? Not saying I blame him for the latter, but definitely a question that needs to be looked into.
  14. worn

worn Benched

39 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    yes but jerry is happy with what he had got on the O line - we better go D line or FS - should O line in the 2nd
  15. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,635 Messages
    564 Likes Received
    IIRC, the Stanford OL totally dominated the ND line this year. Just ran the ball down ND's teeth of their defense, the DL. IIRC, I don't think Nix did much against Alabama's line last year. Those are some pretty big red flags. I don't want some no-show during big games coming here.
  16. Macnalty

Macnalty Active Member

958 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    Oh I agree he is no Sheldon Richardson but he is the best of the lot and we seem to be sliding back to where he is available in the draft. Also agree that Alabama game last year he was handed his *** on a cold moist silver platter. IMO not a player to be super excited about but a worthy choice for our DL (Michael Bockers from 2011). Very little splash for Jerry to go on about with this pick.