1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Love the pick!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ufcrules1, May 8, 2014.

1. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,715 Messages
    1,056 Likes Received
    Yes! It appears Jerry is FINALLY listening and being less emotional. Cut Ware, didn't give Hatcher a contract, let them draft BPA. I like the direction Dallas is headed. FINALLY!
    dwight and Irvin88_4life like this.
  2. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,462 Messages
    1,179 Likes Received
    Like the pick. Still wouldn't mind taking a chance if Brandon Thomas is there in the 5th. He wouldn't even have to play this year. Now we just better fix that D-line. It's horrible.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  3. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,832 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    You don't draft need only.
  4. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

4,655 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    I wanted Donald, but you cannot go wrong building your O-Line to better run the ball and protect your QB...
  5. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I don't think he had a choice. JJ looked pissed and Junior did too. I don't think Martin was their plan at all. I think the plan was a trade-back , but they had no takers.
    pjtoadie and daveferr33 like this.
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,244 Messages
    2,808 Likes Received
    Wasn't following the draft pick by pick were you?
  7. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,325 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    With what was on the Draft Board Martin absolutely trumped them all. Excellent decision for the Best player Available as a Fan it's hard to ask for much more.

Let me be one of the first to say nice job, Jason Garrett, Red J is baaaaaack!
  8. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,214 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    The Ticket said that someone in the Pittsburgh front office claimed the Cowboys wanted Shazier and actually called his agent to let him know they were taking and the agent told them the Steelers had just picked him. I'm wondering if that was the call that had Stephen slam the phone down.

I tried my best to play back what he said when he slammed the phone and lipread. Then I remembered I can't lipread. I'd love to know what he said. He was PO'd.
  9. thunderpimp91

thunderpimp91 Active Member

224 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    I agree 100 %. I just look at a monster in the run game in Frederick. Now you put a guy who seems to be designed just for our zone scheme right next to him. Not to mention one of the best in the game in Tyron Smith. A bad defense, a QB coming off back surgery, and a RB who averaged over 5 YPC a year ago. I know we have extreme pass happy play callers, but they have to find a way feed these RBs a little bit. Often when things make too much sense it never happens, however.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  10. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,292 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    You guys know that now that we've made this pick, Romo is going to go down for the season in game 3. That's the sort of thing that happens to the Cowboys.
    Red Dragon likes this.
  11. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,441 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    Garrett has paid lip service to running the ball before but he brought it up a lot during the press conference.
  12. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,202 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    Hell of a pick, you'll never hear me complain about OL/DL.
    dstovall5, daveferr33 and ufcrules1 like this.
  13. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,658 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Another thing to consider. Brian Waters is more than welcome to come to camp and try to earn a spot on the team..........or not!!!!!!! No more ransom demands from him!,
  14. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,209 Messages
    612 Likes Received
    Potentially the best OL in football. Nice pick. Now for a DT in the 2nd.
  15. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

2,708 Messages
    978 Likes Received
    When did you change your mind about JFF?
  16. ufcrules1

6,715 Messages
    1,056 Likes Received
    I would have been fine with him too but knew the Cowboys weren't going QB so I gave up on him.
    pjtoadie likes this.
  17. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,319 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    My favorite Dallas Drive of all time was the second Superbowl against the Bills when Dallas came out after halftime and bludgeoned the Bills with run after run to flat out demoralize Buffalo. Martin and Frederick should be able to push the inside pocket consistently and that will pay huge dividends in keeping drives alive next season. Forget Romo, DeMarco Murray was probably the happiest Cowboy last night!
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  18. ufcrules1

6,715 Messages
    1,056 Likes Received
    Yes, but keep in mind we had a good oline last year too and we did not un the ball near enough. The oline is going to get better with Martin in there but the OC has to start trusting the run... Unlike last year.
  19. Tawney88

Tawney88 Well-Known Member

576 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    I think it was the smartest pick Jerry made in years in the first. (Aside from Dez) Didn't get cute. Didn't try for a homerun. Picked a great versatile player, I'm legit happy so far. Hopefully that doesn't change over the next couple of nights. Here's to hoping we aren't planning on wasting any picks on a Matt Johnson, AOA type guy unless it's in the 7th.
    dwight likes this.
  20. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,513 Messages
    546 Likes Received
    I'm really happy with this pick. This really pleases me. I definately will not complain about helping out our O-Line. Now they can focus on the D.