1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Lovie as Head Coach and Norv runs the offense?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DOUBLE WING, Jan 9, 2013.

1. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,127 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    Yes, because Bill Belichick and Jason Garrett are totally comparable. Good post, bro.
  2. Flinger

Flinger Active Member

783 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    How does comparing a head coach in his 8th year to a head coach in his 2nd year make sense?
  3. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,332 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    you asked me what he would do..i told you what his job duties would be..

they would be the same as the other coaches in the NFL who are walk around head coaches...

do you want me to answer a different question?

if so, try asking the proper question
  4. DOUBLE WING

3,127 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    You throw around this "Walkaround head coach" term like it's some generic phrase and everyone who falls under that term does exactly the same thing. Do you really think Belichick isn't intimately involved in every single step of New England's offensive/defensive/special teams gameplans?

I can't see that being the case here. Not if Garrett is forced to give up his control of the offense. Certainly not if they bring in a DC with as much experience as Lovie.

You can't even compare that situation to Belichick. They're literally two different stratospheres.
  5. GloryDaysRBack

9,332 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    this is absolutely nothing more than pure speculation..

you think belichick knows something about offense? heck no...hes a defensive genious (supposedly) and his defense has been a load of crap for years...

you know what belichick does well? he COACHES the team well..delegates responsibilities..motivates players..he overseas the entire team..

IMO, garrett has proven he can handle that job well..he has proven he SUCKS running the offense..so you know what? put him in a role where he can succeed and not fail..
  6. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    if you think it is different anywhere else you are about as wrong as you could be.....do you really think ANY HC just says to his coordinators...." I trust ya guys ...surprise me"..... lol......
    every HC designs the game plan,strategies, and starters with the coordinators the entire week leading up to game day
  7. DOUBLE WING

3,127 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    I believe every situation is different. Every coach has a background in something and probably spend a little more time on the unit they're comfortable with than the others.

However, if Garrett is forced to bring in someone to run the offense, that's a pretty clear indication from the top that is input and "strategies" are no longer necessary. And I can't imagine an OC worth his salt coming here without some written assurance that boy wonder won't be sniffing around and trying to take over the offense.
  8. DOUBLE WING

3,127 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    Yes, Belichick knows nothing about offense. He's only basically pioneered bringing the spread/no-huddle to the NFL.

Belichick is a micromanager. He's not delegating anything. That's why the New England train keeps rolling right along no matter how many assitants they lose every year.

My God, I've read a lot on my time in this board, but comparing Jason Garrett to Bill Belichick might be a new low.
  9. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    who did that?
  10. GloryDaysRBack

9,332 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    lolol at belichick getting credit for what NE does offensively

guess what, guy? there is a guy in NE named Tom Brady...google him-hes pretty good

HES why that team runs on all cylinders offensively
  11. DOUBLE WING

3,127 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    Glory, who basically said that if we bring in an OC for Garrett and make him a "walkaround head coach" that he'd be just like Belichick.
  12. GloryDaysRBack

9,332 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    yeah, i also said garett would win more super bowls than belichick, walsh, and jimmy combined

care to make any other ******** comments? cause youre flooding the board with a lot of them
  13. DOUBLE WING

3,127 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    Who coaches the team?

Who develops the gameplan?

Who decided to go to an Air Raid style offense in 2007?

Who decided to visit Chip Kelly and Oregon to borrow tips on their "Blur" offense to incorporate into their offense?

Hint: The answer to all of these is the guy who you say knows nothing about offense.
  14. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,290 Messages
    556 Likes Received
    yes i would because i still dont know why some fans complain one head coach is a loser while some get free passes. And since we can tell by the trail of SB victories Lovie has had i think its clear that if we are looking for a guy that has SB aspirations and the blue prints to do it, than you certainly look at Lovie as that guy.
  15. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Bill has coached on all three phases of the game during his 30 year career. I'd say he knows a helluva lot more about offense or special teams than Jason knows about defense or special teams.
  16. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    hahaha thats an awesome avatar. i think im going to have to use it too
  17. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

872 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    So Jason Garrett is a better head coach than Lovie Smith, who actually went to the superbowl with Rex Grossman at QB? Come on now.

Lovie coming here as coordinator I would say is even less realistic than Sean Payton coming here as head coach. You don't offer a guy like Lovie a coordinator position given the level of success he has had in the league as head coach. You offer him the main position.
  18. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,810 Messages
    774 Likes Received
    Exactly.
  19. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Wade Phillips will never be fired mid-season.
  20. PAINFROMUKRAINE

PAINFROMUKRAINE Active Member

191 Messages
    75 Likes Received

Yes. Lovie wants to be Opie's B***H. Lovie is a Man while Opie is a Baby at the present moment of their Coaching Careers. Lovie's career is definitely going downhill if he needs to be the DC under Opie.