1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Lovie Smith Fired.

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by jgboys1, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,284 Messages
    893 Likes Received
    Good grief! That goofball Cutler, and Brandon Marshall were better then us? Forte is always hurt. Wow, we really do suck. Thanks for the info.
  2. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

No, we were slightly better. We had considerably more yards, but the Bears scored at almost the exact same rate. Banged up Forte and an offensive line that was just as big of a mess as ours. And it cost him his job while the excuses pour in for our clowns.
  3. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,284 Messages
    893 Likes Received
    There defense almost scored at our pace! 9 Td's wasn't it?
  4. montgod

montgod Active Member

1,846 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Well.. hopefully he doesn't go to Philly! I want those take-aways in Dallas!

"they forced an NFL-high 310 takeaways in Smith's tenure. That’s 27 more than the next-highest team"

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth
  5. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

718 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Not a smart move at all.
  6. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    I think something had to be done. You cant just keep throwing your crappy buddies at the offensive coordinator job and hoping one of them sticks.
  7. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Garrett headcoach two years Lovie Headcoach 9 years

Love to have him come in and bring his defense
  8. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,467 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    Any guesses where he lands? Sd or Philly?
  9. wildhorses1975

wildhorses1975 New Member

3 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Arizona??
  10. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

He is not being offered any head coaching jobs. He will be an assistant somewhere like most fired coaches
  11. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,467 Messages
    173 Likes Received

I am quite sure he will be a Head Coach, he isn't a Raheem Morris. He is an established and respected coach. Someone will take him.
  12. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

Yeah making the playoffs three times out of a total of nine seasons is very impressive:laugh2:
  13. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,467 Messages
    173 Likes Received

He is well liked and respected around the league. He went to a SB with REX GROSSMAN at Qb.
  14. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    I think he'd be a good fit in SD.

They have decent pieces on defense and if he could finally make a solid OC choice, Rivers could give him an offense that can help the defense out a bit.
  15. LifetimeBoysFan

LifetimeBoysFan Member

148 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Unless we get a new GM first this will never happen. It would require smarts to make this move and we know where our front office falls in that department.

I know Lee, Carter, Claiborne, Ware and Spencer would be celebrating. They would finally know they're getting run stopping and pass rush help up front finally.
  16. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,460 Messages
    6,159 Likes Received
    Really, you guys think firing Lovie in CHI was a good move? I assume you do, since you're holding it up as a positive example we should follow. But I think it was a big mistake. Especially when the obvious problem in CHI is the OL personnel and not the HC.

This 'time for a change' line of thinking is just so silly. Firing a coach willy-nilly because it's 'time for a change' is the same thing as firing him because you don't have an actual reason, or, more accurately, firing him to make your fans happy. It's a dumb way to run any organization.

Lovie's a hell of a coach. They're unlikely to find a better one, so they just downgraded their most important staff position for no actual benefit. Dumb.
  17. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    No, I personally really like Lovie. I'd take him here in a heartbeat. But it does show that other owners have a higher bar for keeping a coach than we do.
  18. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,460 Messages
    6,159 Likes Received
    I'd love Lovie in Dallas, too.

Not this season, because I'm still on JG's bandwagon. But Lovie is the kind of coach who's both really good, and available almost every offseason in the NFL. He's got Dallas ties, too, to-boot. I'd be pissed if I were a Bears fan.
  19. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

930 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    He grew up in Big Sandy, next to Longview.
  20. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

930 Messages
    144 Likes Received