1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Lovie Smith Fired.

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by jgboys1, Dec 31, 2012.

1. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,208 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    The list of candidates was shown for philly and he was not one of them
  2. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

You cant just keep hiring and firing offensive coordinators like its your hobby. It was the right move because Lovie had exhausted his cellphone contacts trying to throw his friends into a job that they clearly werent good enough for.

Id still take Lovie here, but that says more about how little I think about Jason rather than how much I like Lovie.
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,217 Messages
    7,004 Likes Received
    Who said anything about firing the OC when your offensive line isn't near good enough?

Here's an idea: don't fire the coaches, fix the OL in CHI. Then you have a playoff team with a QB and a defense that can beat anybody on any given Sunday.
  4. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,472 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    John clayton said 4 of the 7 teams have already contacted lovie
  5. CowboysFanSince88

4,208 Messages
    114 Likes Received

Philly may have contacted Lovie Smith because of the Rooney Rule but their focus is on the three falcons coaches, and two college coaches
  6. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,967 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Having him as D coordinator would be oh so nice.
  7. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,967 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Their defense started off the season ON FIRE. We didn't start off on fire. We were a better second half team.
  8. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

The offensive line problems shouldnt obscure the fact that his hires have been a joke. Ron Turner isnt even coordinating an offense any more, Martz is out of the league and Tice is an offensive line coach out of his depth.
  9. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,517 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    Their offense has been horrible for a very long time. If they had any sort of offense at all, they could have won the Super Bowl in 2007 and at least gone to the Super Bowl a few years ago. The defense is the only reason they have been relevant these last 6 years or so. He never fixed that side of the ball.
  10. CowboysFanSince88

4,208 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    Lovie missed the playoffs 5 out the last 6 years
  11. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

971 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I think Lovie dug himself in a hole when he had these coordinators as former HC and it still didn't work. I thought I read that it was his hirings.

I see Lovie going back to St. Louis being a coordinator for a year or 2. I don't see him taking a HC for a team that is not better than Chicago.