1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Low Carb Dieting/Working Out Question

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Stryker44, Dec 11, 2012.

1. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

1,099 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    I disagree. Protein (amino acids) lasts about 3 hours in the bloodstream. That is the fuel for muscle growth. If you are working out and building muscle you need that fuel to stay in your bloodstream. Building muscle is also key to weight loss as muscle burns more calories.

Also, long gaps between meals or eating only once a day will put your body into starvation mode, limiting the burning of calories. You also put your body into a highly catabolic state (muscle wasting).

Also, you are left hungry, which then can lead to binge eating or snacking on poor food choices.

I've done the 5 meals a day. If you count calories and plan out each meal accordingly, the weight will literally melt off.
  2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,049 Messages
    2,278 Likes Received
    Intermittent Fasting is proven and i've seen hundreds of people have success with it and the studies will back it up.

All you have to do is a little research and you will see that the whole meal timing and 4-5 meal stuff is just outdated information.

Does it work? Absolutely. But it doesn't give you any advantage over consuming all of your calories in 1 sitting.

For some people it's better to eat all their calories in 4-5 tiny meals. For others its better to eat all their calories in 1 sitting once a day.
  3. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

1,099 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    See http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151737633&page=1 for my response to Intermittent Fasting.

And hey, I've done the master clense for 15 days. Nothing to eat but maple syrup lemon water. I lost close to 20lbs. But there was no way I could work out and all the weight came back on over the next two weeks.