1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: LSOP: RBC Alum Harry Flaherty Eyes NFL

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Aug 16, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,309 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    RBC Alum Harry Flaherty Eyes NFL
    Justin Sauer

http://littlesilver.patch.com/articles/rbc-alum-flaherty-eyes-nfl

For Harry Flaherty and his family, football isn’t just a game. It’s a way of life.

Since he started playing football at an early age, Flaherty, 22, has used the “family” game to help him achieve things others could only dream about.

Growing up in Oceanport, Flaherty’s earliest memories revolve around football, and for good reason. His grandfather, Jim Garrett, coached with the New York Giants from 1970-73 and was a scout for the Dallas Cowboys from 1987-2004. Flaherty's uncle is Jason Garrett, a longtime NFL quarterback (1989-2004) and current head coach of the Dallas Cowboys (2010-present).

“Football was a huge part of my life growing up and I was blessed to have a lot of great examples around me with my dad, my grandfather and my uncles,” said Flaherty, who first started playing as a 7-year-old in the second grade. “From the time I was playing football in middle school, there hasn’t been a summer that has gone by when I wasn’t coached on my route-running in my grandfather’s backyard in Monmouth Beach. My dad was one of my high school coaches and my uncles have given me a lot of tips over the years as well. I am very fortunate to have had a lot of great people take interest in me both in and outside of football.” ...