1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Lufkin recognizes Dez Bryant

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 3, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,368 Messages
    2,208 Likes Received
    Posted: Saturday, October 2, 2010 11:04 pm
    By JOSH HAVARD/The Lufkin Daily News

[IMG]
    ANDY ADAMS/The Lufkin Daily News Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant signs the shirt of Courtnee Garcia, an 11-year-old Lufkin Middle School student.

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant had a busy trip back to his hometown on Friday night as he signed plenty of autographs for fans and faculty before being presented with his framed high school jersey before the start of Lufkin’s home game with Atascocita.

He received a standing ovation from both sides of the stadium when he was introduced before the game. Then after kickoff, he cheered from the sidelines as the Panthers dismantled Atascocita.

“He came up to me before the game and said you don’t know how much I miss high school football,” Lufkin head coach John Outlaw said. “Once you leave high school, it’s not quite the same because it’s not just for fun. You’re either getting paid with a scholarship or with a paycheck once you get to the pros.”

Read more: http://lufkindailynews.com/sports/article_b71725d6-cea3-11df-af1f-001cc4c002e0.html
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Awesome DB, it's good to know the community is behind him.
  3. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The fact that he misses the high school game makes this guy a champion in my book. It's getting harder and harder not to get excited about his future here.

I can't believe how far off the mark it seems the NFL scouts were on this kid.
  4. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,753 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    Hang on to those autographs kids. They may be worth something someday.