1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Machota: Romo changed play on 3rd and goal play; Dez didn't know

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 16, 2013.

1. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

3,812 Messages
    1,364 Likes Received
    10 of 12....83%. or 10 of 17 for 59%....better odds than that screen
  2. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

9,369 Messages
    3,909 Likes Received
    Better odds than anything else in the playbook, basically.
    khiladi likes this.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

54,422 Messages
    7,241 Likes Received
    That better not be the reason. That is VERY weak.
  4. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,599 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    I dont see it that way..... but i respect you comment...
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  5. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

7,355 Messages
    2,437 Likes Received
    Off topic...your baby is adorable. Ok that's all!
    Ender likes this.
  6. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,599 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Thanks, he's a year older now. That was last seasons opener and i love that picture...
  7. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

7,355 Messages
    2,437 Likes Received
    What a cutie. I smiled when I saw that sweet face.
  8. superonyx

superonyx Well-Known Member

2,099 Messages
    462 Likes Received
    I find It amusing how so many people are blaming Romo for not calling the fade to Dez when we have no way of knowing if that was even an audible option out of that formation. Let's stop acting like he has the entire playbook at his disposal when he walks to the line. Most likely the fade wasn't even an option.

Now it should have been called from the beginning.

We as fans can't really know what was called and what options are available to Romo.
    Chocolate Lab likes this.
  9. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

961 Messages
    448 Likes Received
    Williams has already stated the screen to him was an audible, original play was Dez
  10. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,963 Messages
    1,066 Likes Received
    We played it safe... actually, it makes perfect sense. Romo is #1 in the NFL in comp. percentage and completions, has thrown only 1 pick in 91 attempts, but is near the bottom in yards per attempt (dink and dunk). We've been in both games at the end but it's been tough on our stomachs.

Another team with a similarly miserable running attack so far, is the Giants. Eli is throwing downfield and often, with 5 TDs but 7 INTs as well. The Giants are 0-2 and have faced big deficits in both games.

Romo haters have gotten the game manager they cried about for years, but alas they are not the most keen bunch, and God bless 'em they haven't even noticed they're so accustomed to complaining.
    Staubacher likes this.
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

25,545 Messages
    3,468 Likes Received
    As I said earlier, I really hated that play.
    But Mochata do has no idea if that was a checkdown. I actually think the mistake was that Romo stuck with the play that was called when the obvious change would be to go to Dez.
  12. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,944 Messages
    1,610 Likes Received
    You must be joking. If Romo had no problem handing off the ball to Barber when Barber was a good RB, I'm sure Romo would have no problem handing off the ball to Emmitt.
  13. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

3,466 Messages
    3,755 Likes Received
    Brilliant comment. You take the player mistakes away and the strategy has us 2-0
  14. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,944 Messages
    1,610 Likes Received
    Another thing about this offense is, once something works, we don't keep running it. If something is working, keep doing it unlike the opposing defense can stop it. Instead, we stop it ourselves. JG did this all the time last year. Murray would rip 5 yards, 3 plays in a row, then we run some crazy play with Austin lining up as a RB and lose 7 yards.

Dez was killing Flowers. We should have kept throwing to Dez until they could stop it.
    ChldsPlay and tantrix1969 like this.
  15. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,169 Messages
    529 Likes Received
    I call bs on this for a couple of reasons most QBs and especially someone as experienced as Romo has the power to call hot routes when they see favorable coverage and we've seen him do it so many times it's ignorant to think he didn't have the power to do it here.
    He changes the plays more then anyone not named manning yet this is the one time he wasn't allowed to do it but the rest of the game and season it's ok?
    Its crystal clear to anyone watching that he changed the play there cause he didn't even bother letting Dez know what it was, he didn't even look his way as he was changing it
  16. unsportsmanlikeconduct

unsportsmanlikeconduct Active Member

470 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    Do people even read a thread before replying? It has been quoted, in this thread, by T. Williams that Romo audibled into the screen. A check down is when a QB "checks down" to a RB or TE because all the receivers are covered so I don't know what you meant by checkdown.
    tantrix1969 likes this.
  17. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,636 Messages
    1,761 Likes Received
    Why? It was all his fault. It has been confirmed... that is why everyone is blaming him.
    tantrix1969 likes this.
  18. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Well-Known Member

1,025 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    I wonder if that screen pass was designed to gain more yards than it did so they can go for it on 4th down. Maybe that is why Romo didn't go to Dez for the fade or back shoulder throw
  19. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

24,668 Messages
    1,824 Likes Received

ha. Sooner or later you and I were going to agree on something. :)
  20. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,636 Messages
    1,761 Likes Received
    It may have taken a few years.. but it happened! I will take it.