1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Madden NFL 25 Demo

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by TheCowboy, Aug 14, 2013.

1. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,573 Messages
    593 Likes Received
    Anyone play it yet? I know most of you are getting the anniversary edition for the Sunday Ticket but the game itself doesn't make me want to buy it. Could be the first ever Madden I don't buy. Demo didn't help.
  2. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,920 Messages
    341 Likes Received
    I probably would pass it up if not for the Sunday Ticket, I'd pay $99 for a standalone streaming of ST so I'm considering Madden as a bonus.
  3. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,407 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    Same here, the Sunday Ticket streaming makes it hard to pass up.
  4. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

1,125 Messages
    656 Likes Received
    I've played around with the demo on PS3 and it pretty much looks and feels like Madden 13. There is definitely more control over running, and I love the new hot routes that you can change at the line. I think the animations and physics are cleaned up a lot, haven't seen any players tripping over one another and such after plays like was fairly constant in 13.

I'm waiting on the PS4 version to buy, though.
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,304 Messages
    1,253 Likes Received
    Anyone know if there were any major changes to Franchise mode? That's all I play. I skipped Madden last year and don't feel like I missed much.
    Muhast likes this.
  6. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,573 Messages
    593 Likes Received
  7. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Just wondering, how long of a download was it for you? Demos take a while for me to download, and games are like almost an entire day process for me
  8. Wheeltax

1,125 Messages
    656 Likes Received
    I really don't remember the size of the demo, I set it to download and went to do other stuff. I'd say it probably took about 45 minutes to an hour, and I tend to download stuff pretty fast. I have Comcast and my download speeds run about 25MBPS
  9. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Well-Known Member

1,709 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    I'm in the same boat. I really only play franchise mode. Sometimes I play online when I'm super bored but very rarely. Franchise mode basically hasn't changed in years on Madden so it's gotten a bit stale, which is why I stopped buying Madden 2 years back. I do feel that itch though. I like running through 20 some seasons of franchise mode. Would really like some updates to this part of the game.
  10. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,920 Messages
    341 Likes Received
    Last year didn't have franchise removed, it was incorporated in with Connected Careers. It was quite fun but lacking depth.
  11. Wheeltax

1,125 Messages
    656 Likes Received
    The new read-option stuff is pretty complex, but I bet that if you master it you'd be tough to beat.
  12. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

999 Messages
    532 Likes Received
    I think Madden over rates some players and under rate some players when they release the game. Then they have to update the ratings in the season. Wish there was a better difference in the speed rating. DL should not be able to run my RB down from behind
    Muhast likes this.
  13. KoRnyBrad

KoRnyBrad I am the Bat!

262 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    It was a huge download imo on PS3. Like 3.6gb or something like that. I have one of the first editions ps3s that could play the ps2 games as well. Not a big hard drive and my space is getting limited. lol I just set it to download in the background and went and did something else and came back later and installed it.
  14. KoRnyBrad

KoRnyBrad I am the Bat!

262 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    Did anybody have problems with shadow players on PS3? While I was playing Seahawks vs Packers the Packers WR's would disappear at the line and just be the shadow. Then while they were on defense a couple of their D line would just be shadows. Really hard to run up the middle thinking there is a hole and it's actually a D lineman! Lol Hopefully just a glitch that will be fixed...soon.
  15. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    As the Talking Heads would say

Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was.

Hope these clowns arent going to drop a deuce on the next gen the way they did with the 360 launch.
  16. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,573 Messages
    593 Likes Received
    Yeah I was using San Fran and Kaepernick and their LG disappeared. So I can hike and throw the ball with an invisible player lol
  17. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,559 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    DL do that all the time in the NFL...
  18. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

999 Messages
    532 Likes Received
    No DL doesn't run 40 yards down field and catch a rb/wr. Yea they catch then in the back field but not sure I can say a300 lb lineman catches a guy running a 4.4
  19. KoRnyBrad

KoRnyBrad I am the Bat!

262 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    Lol, none of my guys disappeared, always theirs. Frustrating it is!