1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Madonna - Booed for opinions on Gypsies

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ABQCOWBOY, Aug 27, 2009.

1. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    lol. I'm emailing this to my wife at work. It will be the first thing in her inbox tomorrow.

Does anyone know what happened to the Dixie Chicks?
  2. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,387 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    to be honest my knowledge of romania extends to that their capital is bucharest and which soccer teams celtic can be drawn against in the europa league this season.

i would agree with the general concesus of being pretty pissed off if i'd paid money to go to a concert only to have political opinions rammed down my throat (U2 would be the exception because you know to expect that). but then i'd be pretty pissed off if i'd paid money to go see madonna in the first place.
  3. WarC

WarC Active Member

1,521 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Quoted for truth.
  4. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,902 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Eastern Europe and Western Europe are very different culturally. Don't confuse the two.
  5. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,902 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    I don't think that statement is very bright. The more attention that can be brought to oppressed people's around the world the better off we all are. What she did can only help the Roma, whether you like her personally or not, it was a noble thing she did.
  6. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    I doubt you've been to either.

Never the less, your statement is irrelevant. Re-read and get back to me.

Thank you.
  7. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,902 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    People take notice of what she says (as evidence by you commenting on it) and she is using her platform to bring attention to an oppressed minority in Eastern Europe, which many people in America don't know about. How is that bad?
  8. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,094 Messages
    818 Likes Received
    :muttley:
  9. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,902 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Why are you siding with people who oppress gypsies? Those people at that Madonna concert deserved to berated for being bigoted scum, no matter who was doing the berating.
  10. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,902 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    I've been to Western Europe.

What's your point. You just said Europe in general, and the article itself discussed almost exclusively Eastern Europe.

De nada.
  11. ABQCOWBOY

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    I asked about America and why we break our necks (Liberals) to try and be more like them when clearly, they do not like us, do not respect us and have their own cultural issues.

You pointed out the difference between Eastern Block and Western Europe. Way to nail the subject matter.

Try again.
  12. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,902 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Um actually the whole article was about Eastern Europe's oppression of the gypsies. Then you said:

Having said this, it strikes me odd that we, as a Nation have so embraced so many European ideas and views. Yet, for the most part, Europe finds it very easy to critacise America for almost everything we do. However, if an American does the same to them, they look down on us.

How is Western Europe relevant at all to the article you posted?

Try again.
  13. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    Little fix there.
  14. ABQCOWBOY

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    OK, I don't do stupid Rat.

Clearly you have no answer to the question I asked. Just leave it alone.
  15. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,902 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Liberals want to adopt certain things (not all) from Europe because they work. Whether they like us or not is not relevant, however Europeans have had a much more favorable view of America as of late so your premise in that regard is not valid. So there is my answer.

Anyhow, back to the point I was making. Within the same post in which you posted an article about how Eastern Europeans oppress gypsies you talk about Europeans looking down their noses at us when they are just as bad. You clearly mixed up Western and Eastern Europeans, which is why your post didn't make any sense whatsoever.
  16. ABQCOWBOY

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    I didn't mix anything up. I simply asked a question. You made the distinction between East and West.

As for the things that work, well, once I see those things, I'll get back to you on how much I like them or not.
  17. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,902 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Your question is suspiciously irrelevant to the article you posted.
  18. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    What in the hell are you talking about? European models work but the people who are suffering under them want them?
  19. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,943 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Are you brain damaged... or just dense... that was a DIG...

For the record... I am, and have always been "green"... and I guarantee you much more than you...

All this... and still a conservative...

Now... if you want to talk bright... let's go mother****er...
  20. ABQCOWBOY

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    Going out with a bang huh?.....

:laugh2: