1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Madonna - Booed for opinions on Gypsies

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ABQCOWBOY, Aug 27, 2009.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

36,664 Messages
    2,943 Likes Received
    Yes, if I would have changed my user name and then posted it, it would have been Sinister.

:laugh2:
  2. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament...

29,215 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    There are different factions... those that care about their beliefs... and those that care about party affiliation...

Rat is a party guy... and a dumb mother****er in that respect...

He isn't an intellectual idiot by any means... but he is an idiot in regards to party affiliation...

I'm liking this filter now... :D
  3. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye.

15,492 Messages
    2,708 Likes Received
    Pot. Kettle.

You do understand this is a message board, right? Threads constantly go off in directions that are only tangentially related.
  4. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,368 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    ...right, well back to the point......I think it's not only acceptable, but also a good idea for celebs to have an opinion on things because they have an audience and may just open some people's eyes to things they otherwise wouldn't know are happening in the world. Madonna, Bono, Bruce Springsteen, John Lennon, Neil Young, Pearl Jam, John Mellencamp, Paul Simon, Pink Floyd, Rage Against the Machine, to name a small few who are quite vocal about how they view the world......hell they've traveled it and have seen alot of stuff first hand in this country and others that most people haven't seen. Now do you have to agree with it? No. But should they be able to voice their opinions? I think so. What a meaningless existence if you shut down your true feelings on a subject when speaking up might just make a difference. To me, that's a life wasted.
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,557 Messages
    1,467 Likes Received
    I know a few "europeans", and saying "they do not like us" is a HUGE generalization. Most everyone I met when I took a semester abroad during college liked the US and were quite nice to me and I do them.

I don't think anyone is breaking their necks to try to be like them, but pretending you live in a bubble won't help either, it's important to take the temperature of the world.
  6. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,907 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    I said that statement wasn't bright. I didn't say you weren't bright. I hope you can show me the same respect.
  7. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,907 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    It was not only within the same post, but it was the original post.
  8. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,321 Messages
    1,061 Likes Received
    Be careful ...... suddenly 3 or 4 "new" usernames may show up to agree with him against you.
  9. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,415 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    i agree to an extent. i'm not saying gypsies should be victimised. what i'm saying is that as a performer in front of people who have paid over the odds to see you perform you would maybe be better sticking to performing and then make your political points on tv/newspapers/blogs.
  10. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,907 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Why do you care so much about bigots not getting their money's worth?
  11. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,415 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    so every single person at that concert was a bigot that deserved to have their expensive night ruined?
  12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

81,573 Messages
    5,509 Likes Received
    It is her concert she can do what she wants however for many people they buy tickets to see a show not get a political lecture from a woman who can barely run her own life. So don't be shocked when these entertainers get booed off the stage when they do it
  13. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,907 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    If you were a bigot you night would be ruined by Madonna pointing out that you are a bigot. If you are not a bigot and support an end to discrimination among gypsies, how would your night be ruined by what she said? That doesn't make any sense.
  14. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,907 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    If someone boos an entertainer off stage for bringing attention to bigotry then that person is probably a bigot, so they deserve to have their night ruined.
  15. Doomsday101

81,573 Messages
    5,509 Likes Received
    People believe or not pay money to be entertained not lectured. Again it is her concert she can do whatever she wants the people who paid their money also have a right to boo the bubble head off stage for turning a night they expected to be entertained into a political rally
  16. Doomsday101

81,573 Messages
    5,509 Likes Received
    And she deserves to be booed, they do not depend on her to make a living on the other hand she does depend on an audience to make hers. I'm sorry if you think Madonna is the voice of the people she is nothing but an entertainer
  17. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,415 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    say you go to the opera. during the show they break off from it to start talking about a devisive subject that you personally agree with. the mood of the crowd turns nasty as some start to boo the performers and others start arguing with those that are booing. would you not be a little annoyed that your entertainment which you have paid a considerable amount for has been marred? would you not be a little confused as to why the opera had chosen to tackle a devisive issue unexpectadly in front of an audience who have paid to see their show?
  18. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,907 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    No I wouldn't be mad. Because bigotry is a serious problem, and it is more important for attention to be brought to that subject than for me to be entertained for a couple of hours.