1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Majority of Skins fans nervous and scared about the game (quotes from their board)

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Nirvana, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,298 Messages
    603 Likes Received

A few of their fans diverge:

2. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

2,974 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    I agree with parts of this comment. Defense and Murray have to step up for this one.
  3. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,828 Messages
    494 Likes Received
    Don't worry guys...

We like to play it close....

If we start stepping on your throart, expect a silly mistake to let you guys back in the game, or for us to dial it down.

Have no fear.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,043 Messages
    3,960 Likes Received
    I don't. We've got a lot more on office than Dez and Tony.
  5. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    They're nervous just like a lot of us are. It should be a good game. I'm just happy Mara and his Gnats aren't competing for the division.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,043 Messages
    3,960 Likes Received
    Our fans aren't nervous. Many of them have already thrown in the towel. We're creating threads wondering if it's possible to win, and many are concluding 'no.'
  7. Dallas71

Dallas71 New Member

20 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Of course it's possible that Dallas could win ... but it's possible that I could win the Lotto this weekend too.

The Cowboys have shown this year to suggest that they are likely to win in Washington.

They have already lost to them once, they are even more banged up than they were in their first meeting on turkey day, their best pass rusher is going to limited, and their recent history of awful endings in this scenario against the entire NFC East just doesn't point to a win ... which means, of course, that the Cowboys will win.

I agree it's rather possible ... just not at all likely. Not with Garrett ...
  8. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,834 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    It's because they aren't used to these games.

Unfortunately, this is just another big game at the end for us. Been there done that. :laugh2:

Either way, I like where this team is headed so I'm not going to get too worked up.
  9. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

700 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    We really need to bring this stuff over? it's only gonna bring more of them here lol.
  10. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,901 Messages
    1,656 Likes Received
    So a win at New York, at Cincy or at home vs Pittsburgh does not show you anything at all?
  11. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,758 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Some nerves would be refreshing around here. Browsing CZ feels like we've already lost. Where was the enthusiasm from the Steelers and Bengals games? Get up CZ I'm pumped:star:
  12. CrownCowboy

CrownCowboy Active Member

364 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    I know it's hard to believe since I'm such a die hard Dallas Cowboys fan, but I am not nervous about this game at all. I didn't think we would be in this position in the first place so anything that comes from here on out is a bonus for me. Of course I hope like hell that we win and I'm sure that I'll get that same old feeling of anxiousness when the game starts.

With that being said, I absolutely love the fact that those people are so nervous about the game. That sorry excuse for a franchise has been entrenched in the very bowels of the league for the past 10 years. After their coach had all but given up on the season after they fell to 3-6, they have sat on a horseshoe, overachieved and won six straight and have gotten their hopes up so high. Aside from putting us in the tournament, putting their pipe dreams to an abrupt end would be oh so sweet.

I want it to be a long and cold winter for those people and every time they think back on this game and season, I want them to think about us, the Dallas Cowboys.

Here's to a victory Sunday Night!

:beer2:
  13. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

805 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    You're forgetting the last time these two teams met with the playoffs on the line (3rd to last week of the season) in 2005. :) Granted, only a handful of players from each team is left, but still.

Yeah we have been at the bowels for most of the later 90s and almost all of the 2000's...that's why Sunday will be SWEET if we pull this off.

If not, at least we have a QB to build around the next several years.
  14. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

805 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    At New York was impressive. I thought you were lucky to squeak by Cincy. The Pittsburgh game was a great hard-fought game and fun to watch even though I hate that you won. Carr made a hell of a play on the interception in OT.
  15. CrownCowboy

CrownCowboy Active Member

364 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    No, I'm fully aware what happened way back then. Overall, it really didn't change anything.
  16. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

805 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    That's true I suppose. We went as far as we could that year with the limitations we had at QB. What I wouldn't give to have that defense back though.

I don't know what's worse though, being at the bottom and feeling numb in December, or this kind of tension being right on the cusp. The latter is alot more fun but all in all only 1 team in the NFL is truly happy when all is said and done with this season.
  17. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

424 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Did you just compare the lotto to this game?
    A 50 percent chance that Dallas could win to a one in who knows what million chance?
    I'm done 0_o
  18. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

773 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    My gut feeling is divisional rivalries tend to get split...the edge is the team that initially lost to get payback.

It's hard to call this one, so I'm using this to say Cowboys win.
  19. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,381 Messages
    1,376 Likes Received
    I'm not nervous about facing them (basically facing the same problems we are to a point), I am more nervous as to which offense and when they show up. I expect the defense to struggle but the offense needs to pick up the slack from the get-go. They can't wait until the 4th to kick it into gear.
  20. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,825 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    That's my biggest worry as well. We need to stay in the game in the 1st half and then get some separation in the 2nd half. I'd really rather not be trying to come back from 2+ scores in the 4th quarter again.