1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Majority of Skins fans nervous and scared about the game (quotes from their board)

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Nirvana, Dec 28, 2012.

1. pavalley

pavalley Member

58 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    gonna be a great game, can't wait...the skins r the real rivals for the cowboys going back to the Tom Landry days...eagles, r u kidding, been wannabes forever.....enjoy..........
  2. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,969 Messages
    457 Likes Received
    What should scare you the most is Demarco Murray. Because Dez went off on you guys last time and you still won. What I don't think many Redskins fans understand is how different and efficient this offense looks with Murray back there. It is truly night and day. And for what it's worth, I think you're about to get blindsided and jacked up by that truth. This game might not even be that close - the Cowboys are going to win this convincingly. Not an ounce of doubt in my mind.
  3. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

841 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    I'd be more worried if your defense had Lee and Carter back and Ware at full strength...but I think we can stay with your point production, turnovers aside. That's the only factor that really worries me - who makes that costly fumble or interception in the 4th quarter.
  4. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

841 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Not that we have one (unfortunately), but how has Tyron Smith held up against strong pass rushers this year?
  5. cowboys2233

3,969 Messages
    457 Likes Received
    Listen, I think RGIII is a great talent and will be a tremendous QB for you guys for the next decade. But these two teams really do mirror each other, potent offenses, nothing on defense. Your run defense is better than ours, our pass defense is better than yours.

But as we've seen time and time again, this is now a passing league. And you do have a rookie QB, playing in his first really high-pressure game (unless the Bears and Vikings lose of course!). Yes, we all know Romo is a total choker (heavy sarcasm), but he does have skins on the wall (no pun intended). You cannot understate the value of that in a game like this.

Basically, it comes down to this. In a game where defenses are going to be stretched to the limit, in Romo I trust. I mean, 20 tds and just 2 interceptions in the last two Decembers combined. The guy is at his best this time of year, despite what the idiot media types would have you believe.

Speaking of which, I'll be far more worried if the Redskins have already clinched a wildcard spot prior to the game. It takes all the pressure off the Redskins and that pressure is going to be a key factor.
  6. pavalley

pavalley Member

58 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    very serviceable...missed the t-day game as stated in the other thread...the o-line as a whole is playing amazingly better...very puzzling the last few games, romo has all day, hence all of the late comebacks...give him time with the receivers we have...yiksey...dez, witten, austin, n now harris...and murray out of the backfield...better hit romo early and often...
  7. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

841 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Good points...I know RGIII is still a rookie but he's stepped up during this 6 game win streak, too. 5 INTs for the whole season.

As for our pass defense, no comment lol. I almost want Haslett to just say **** it and play lots of man press coverage and zone blitzes from different LBs and members of the secondary. I know Romo would burn us but at least we'd have a chance for some sacks, and the damage would be done faster and we could get the ball back on offense.

If we force any punts on defense I'm going to celebrate each time...lol
  8. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

841 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    He seemed to have all day in the Thanksgiving game too...we've had to be clever and use smoke and mirrors to get pressure since Carriker and Orakpo went down...we sacked Foles 5 times last week but that was as much a product of him holding onto the ball too long than anything else.
  9. pavalley

pavalley Member

58 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    make sense, def recommend that plan...oh by the way...our punter sucks azzz...backup of course, my god is he bad, cant believe he's still on the team...every punt is an adventure...he boots 25 yarders on a clean dry field with no pressure !!!
  10. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

841 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    What happened to McBriar? That dude was beast! Used to hate his punts lol
  11. pavalley

pavalley Member

58 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    skins won't win a shootout, last few weeks have shown the boys metal...they won't fold like they did earlier this season...hit romo or go home...
  12. pavalley

pavalley Member

58 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    gone 2 years ago ish ! had a good rookie last year in jones, he was hurt this season, since then moorman has been a nightmare...if u have a decent return game u r in luck, filed position will b u r s. Mcbriar is with the shegirls...
  13. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

841 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    I'm wondering if either team pulls out a gadget play at some point to try and get a quick score. We really haven't done much with them this year.
  14. pavalley

pavalley Member

58 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    neither have we, but it seems like on ESPN all i ever see is the skins running a fake double reverse then throwing deep ? looks like a gadget to me...
  15. cowboys2233

3,969 Messages
    457 Likes Received
    I meant "cannot overstate the importance," FYI. LOL. I don't mean to come off as arrogant, you seem like a pretty good guy. I'm just in my "Jimmy Johnson, punch the gorilla in the mouth" frame of mind right now. Should be a great game, I have already lost hours of sleep in anticipation. ;)
  16. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

841 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    I should have clarified...I meant more plays where the QB hands it to the running back or WR then goes out for a pass. Or a flea flicker, fake punt, fake field goal, surprise onside kick...
  17. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

841 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Haha same here. In terms of sleep, I got about as much last night as I do the Saturday before a normal Sunday game. Tonight is going to be rough...

My girl and I are actually making it a point NOT to watch this game with any Cowboys fans we actually know and are friends with...lol. Tend to drop alot of F bombs towards Cowboys players during games lol. Though any Cowboys fans we see at the sports bar we are going to are fair game and I could care less whether they appreciate it or not. Of course, having some alcohol in the system helps the smack talk pour out during the game hahaha.