1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Man this car is awesome

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by MonsterD, Oct 13, 2010.

1. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,360 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    I think I found my next car.

273hp
    34 MPG
    just above 20K(non turbo is 19K base)

And this is a mid-size car

5 star safety rated(one of two cars with it)

Non turbo should be car of the year, this just is greatness on top of that.

2011 Hyundai Sonata turbo.

Hyundai has impressed the hel out of me the last 3 years they have made some of the best quality cars at price points that are below the Japanese and slightly off or on par with American.

This car is a true marvel, I would love to see what Honda does in turn to keep up with Hyundai.
  2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Hyundai and Mazda are producing some banging cars for the buck. Can't go wrong with either.
  3. Mash

Mash Active Member

4,061 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Had my Sante Fe for almost 10 years....and its been solid....the Sonata is at the top of my list on my next purchase.....its a sweet car.....even the non turbo 4 cylinder is almost 200hp
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,140 Messages
    2,741 Likes Received
    My wife bought a Santa Fe almost a year ago and absolutely loves it.
  5. Route 66

Route 66 Active Member

3,308 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    It's hard to have believed that Hyundai could have ever been a decent manufacturer but they sure have put out some decent cars AND an awesome warranty as well.
  6. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bought a Tucson three years ago and love it. The Sonata is next on my list. My sister was thinking about getting a Lexus but went with Hyundai instead.
  7. MonsterD

3,360 Messages
    190 Likes Received

Give you a quick idea on where they are in quality from 2010 J.D. Powers, there is one stat of issues with amount of cars ratio. Hyundai was 6th least problems out of all auto makers. There are other ways that they measure quality but I am sure a more cumulative ranking probably puts them either top 3 or top four in quality.

Take into account also that 4 of those 6 were luxury brands then Hyundai was 2nd to Honda. lol
  8. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,701 Messages
    405 Likes Received
    That may be the ugliest front end on a car I've ever seen. They should have just went full boat on copying the Mercedes.
  9. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,654 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    One thing I don't like about Hyundai is that there isn't an original idea to be had from the entire company. Every car they produces borrows in such glaringly obvious fashion from other vehicles in terms of style, that frankly I find the entire company obnoxious.

To me they are a car company without a soul.
  10. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Meh. It's good for people who want front end cosmetic and performance for a more economical price. They're just playing the game.
  11. MonsterD

3,360 Messages
    190 Likes Received

I find almost all cars to be generic looking in style, Ford,GM,Toyota, especially Toyota.Oh and Hondas are more boring. Nissan had a good edge in style for a while but it is lesser today. That Nissan Juke, the Leaf and the Cube are pretty unique now, but it is pretty much import pure Japanese style to the U.S.

Hyundai's Genesis coupe is a very good looking car.
  12. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Active Member

4,092 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Hyundai is making some fine vehicles. I also like the new VW Jetta in a TDI version. :)
  13. BehindEnemyLinez

BehindEnemyLinez Optimist Prime

2,234 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    My wife has a non-turbo one. It is really a nice car...but it still pales in comparison to my Accord Coupe!! Honda will never have to keep up w/ Hyundai...it'll always be the other way around!! ;)
  14. Bonecrusher#31

Bonecrusher#31 Active Member

1,802 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I don't mess with those sub-standard autos...Especially not for over 20k
  15. MonsterD

3,360 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    sub-standard? , explain that. I don't see anything sub standard about their cars.
  16. MonsterD

3,360 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    While I know for sure Honda can push an engine to better stats and the cars refinement get better. I have yet to see Honda push value out like Hyundai. Oh well the CR-Z was the largest debacle I have see Honda make, ever. That car (CR-Z) was a rare miss by them.
  17. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Hyundai's are pretty good vehicles from the value/warranty/reliability point of view. My wife has had a Santa Fe for about 3.5 years without one major/minor issue yet and about 62000 kms (39 000 miles).

I do agree that compared to luxury car makes they don't measure up. I consider them slightly above most of the domestic makes and Japanese at a similar price point. Their styling while slightly derivative has started to take on its own flair and a brand style is starting to take shape. It will probably take another generation for them to get there though.
  18. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, Hyundai is doing well. Their small car, the Elantra, is a best in its class. Exceptionally reliable.

I was a teenager back when people thought of Honda as a motorcycle manufacturer first and foremost. My friends and I would laugh at the those first imports and their tiny wheels. Never imagined the Japanese imports would become so dominant or that we'd all want to drive an RX-7 within a few years.

If you like the Hyundai, get it.
  19. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,382 Messages
    1,720 Likes Received
    I would have bought an Accord Coupe instead of my Infiniti if it had the SH-AWD option from the Acura TL.

After owning this car, I will never buy another FWD car.
  20. BehindEnemyLinez

BehindEnemyLinez Optimist Prime

2,234 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You have a G? Man, I wanted one of those but I just couldn't get myself to pony up the extra 10G's to get it! I wish my Accord was RWD. This is my 1st time owning a "sports car" that wasn't...