1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Man who fathered 30 kids says he needs a break—on child support

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by 03EBZ06, May 19, 2012.

1. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Wow, un-friken-believeable, smdh :banghead:

And you thought Octomom had her hands full—a Tennessee man who has fathered 30 children is asking the courts for a break on child support.
    Desmond Hatchett, 33, of Knoxville has children with 11 different women, reports WREG-TV.

The state already takes half his paycheck and divides it up, which doesn't amount to much when Hatchett is making only minimum wage. Some of the moms receive as little as $1.49 a month. The oldest child is 14 years old. Hatchett explains how he reached such a critical mass: He had four kids in the same year. Twice.

Back in 2009 when Hatchett was in court to answer charges that many of the mothers were not receiving child support, he had 21 children. At the time, he said he was not going to father any more kids, but he ended up having nine more in the past three years.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/man-fathered-30-kids-needs-break-child-support-140439765.html
  2. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Feh, the problem is two-fold in my mind. Penalties are stiff and not enough intervention is given to actually get the father to pay. Instead, jail is the solution. While I don't sympathize with the fathers/mothers not paying...jail isn't a solution. You can't pay in jail.

On the other hand, fathering 30 children should be something someone planned for financially. That's a lot of kids.
  3. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,540 Messages
    2,111 Likes Received
    Making minimum wage can barely afford one kid, much less that many. Very irresponsible IMO. The kids are the ones suffering here, hopefully their mom's can support them enough to get buy w/o a life tinkering into drugs and crime in the future.
  4. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    He doesn't have time to work a better job. Lol
  5. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,361 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    they should require him to get a vasectomy
  6. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,066 Messages
    805 Likes Received
    Sad how many deadbeat parents there are ......
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,667 Messages
    1,487 Likes Received
    Most of the women that constitute the eleven different mothers in this case must not be the sharpest tools in the drawer either.
  8. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,090 Messages
    3,078 Likes Received
    Vasectomies should be free for anyone who can't afford one, or in his case, required. That is beyond irresponsible.
  9. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,177 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    hate to say it, but it's obviously true. especially considering there are only 11 mothers for the 30 kids.
  10. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Disagree.
    Personal responsibility.
    Keep your stuff in your pants.
  11. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,136 Messages
    1,832 Likes Received
    'Personal responsibility' passed about 20 kids ago.

When animals can't control themselves, we get them 'fixed'.
  12. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy Zone Supporter

3,116 Messages
    165 Likes Received
    You should plan financially for the first kid, and then work up from there.

That's why I have only one kid.
  13. Kristi

Kristi I Rue Everything

352 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    I agree the women are at fault too. OK -- he can't afford your other kids, but sure, go ahead and sleep with him again and bring another child he can't afford into the world! And 11 women did this!!!

Maybe do a little investigating on who you are sleeping with. Might be wise to ask how many kids you each have, what kind of job? Not uncommon questions that come up on dates when getting to know someone. And I'm pretty sure it's not like they didn't know he had multiple kids. Why would you as the woman bring any more into the world? That $1.49 a month must be awesome for you!!

He should be required to get a vasectomy. I have a friend who has a baby daddy like this. I think he had up around 20 kids, he doesn't SEE the kid and doesn't pay for him either. It's not right. He is raised in a very loving home. They might not always get what they want, but she does the best she can with 5 kids.

A break from child support. Please. Man, not only does he need to get vasectomy, he needs to work on getting a few more jobs. Maybe if he was working, he wouldn't have time to sleep with anyone.
  14. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    30 babies, in 14 years... amazing...

He should go to jail for making the rest of us foot the bill for his promiscuity... and all 11 mothers should be institutionalized for bein' out of their freakin' minds...

I note also that he went to court 3 years ago, when he "only" had 21 kids... so he knew he had a serious problem them, and his reaction was to go out and father 9 more kids in 3 years...

One wonders how many more children that he'll never support, either financially or emotionally, this jagoff will father...
  15. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    While I'm loathe to call any man an animal, especially a minority (because of the racist connotations), I can't really quarrel with the use of the word here...

This is a rutting beast, not a man...
  16. stasheroo

18,136 Messages
    1,832 Likes Received
    It's not about skin color, it's about ignorant, animalistic behavior.
  17. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,138 Messages
    1,397 Likes Received
    There may more that he doesn't even know about.

Stupid, .. ignorant, .. moronic, ... you pick the adjective, that is him.

He should be required to have a vasectomy to stop this madness, .. and required to work two full time jobs to support them until the youngest is 18.

He is responsible for each and every one.
  18. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agreed.
  19. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Hey, I bet at least his kids are beautiful people.
  20. stasheroo

18,136 Messages
    1,832 Likes Received
    What does that mean?

:confused: