1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Manti Te'o

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by NeonDeion21, Jan 12, 2013.

1. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

1,970 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    The general consensus around league scouts is that Manti will be drafted between 15-25. With us moving to the 4-3, would you draft him if he was available? Could be more realistic than you would think.
  2. patrickstillhere

patrickstillhere Member

67 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Can he play WLB?
  3. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,046 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    Even though a Teo, Lee, Carter LB core makes me salivate, we have more pressing needs for our 1st round pick
  4. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

..plus: he looked WEAK vs. Bama: only TRUE top 10 team they played all year and he wiffed, along with his teammates: PASS:rolleyes:
  5. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,939 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    Yeah Te'o is the softest so called star MLB I've ever seen. He got over hyped because he happened to be in the right place at the right time for a bunch of INT's. 5.5 TFL, 1.5 sacks, 0 FF and only 55 solo tackles are all very unimpressive stats for a 1st round MLB.
  6. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,467 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    I wouldnt touch him in the first round after seeing him vs Alabama.
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,994 Messages
    1,024 Likes Received
    They have to draft and hit on either line in round one. There is no other choice.
  8. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,670 Messages
    152 Likes Received
    I'll take either of Geno Smith or Matt Barkley if they fell that far.

They won't, but I would if they did. Would not hesitate.

Andrew Luck comes once ever 10 - 15 years. Griffin isn't as good as made to be. Luck is.

In saying this, Smith and Barkley are more talented than currently being said.

Since neither will be there, I go d-line first, o-line 2nd.

Nevermind this bum of a LB.
  9. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    I would pass, he is a great player but we can find good OLBs that will fit perfect with lee and carter. I would love to have olgetree from Georgia as a SOLB
  10. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    So we're moving to a scheme that requires LESS Linebackers, and we should draft ... a linebacker?

:facepalm:
  11. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,612 Messages
    574 Likes Received
    Honestly, I think we should just take the BPA. Don't really care about position. This team needs youth, talent and physicality and I don't care if that's another LB or G or QB. If the player meets that criteria and is truly the best available, just take him. So yeah, I'd take Te'o.

Just as long as it's not a WR or CB.
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,227 Messages
    1,445 Likes Received
    No.

He's not a very dynamic player. Pass.
  13. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

1,970 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    I do not agree with the drafting of Te'o for Dallas. But I have heard some rumblings that if he fell he could be a target for us.
  14. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,994 Messages
    1,024 Likes Received
    Would I draft him at 18? No. Will Jerry? Not so sure but he shouldnt.
  15. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Replace Manti Te'o with Alec Ogletree...and yeah, I would.
  16. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,760 Messages
    1,192 Likes Received
    I would say that the vast majority of INTs come from being in the right place at the right time...and that's an underrated skill.
    As of now, the signed LBs on the roster, assuming we switch to a 43, are Lee, Carter, Alright, Wilbur, Connor, Lemon, and McSurdy.

I'd say LB is a need at this point, and Te'o or, miraculously Otree slips, they should be the pick. Then go safety in the second and guard in the 3rd, and you can have a serious haul in the draft.
  17. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    It's not even CLOSE to being a need at this point.
  18. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,988 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    The chances of Te'o in a Cowboys uniform next year are slim tbh. I doubt he slides that far, and even if he does I think Dallas would trade back because teams like Baltimore and Indianapolis would love to trade up and snag him and we could accumulate more picks. Im a ND fan, so id welcome it with open arms tbh, but we have more pressing needs on the O and D-lines. I'm really hoping Warmack slides to us, although I doubt it.
  19. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,090 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Don't need him. 4-3 LBs are not something you need to have premium draft picks/stars at all 3 positions. Just look at the Seahawks and Falcons playing today.

You can find depth at this position easily, whether it is late in the draft or free agency.
  20. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,720 Messages
    725 Likes Received
    I wouldn't. I'd still go OL, DL or Safety. You can find a guy later in the draft to pair with Carter and Lee.

I do think Te'O is gonna be a good one though.